• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
I only smoked the Siglo IV and wasn't very impressed. I haven't bought any more Cohibas because the 10 or so I smoked haven't been that great, maybe a 86 in my book.

With all the hype surrounding these cigar I know there has to be some incredible vitolas out there but I don't know which ones they are.

If you have to pay $30 + for a Cohiba to get a good cigar then Cohiba's are way over priced.

Maybe I'm wrong. Please point me in the right direction here fellas.
Better yet if someone has a 5er their willing to sell me please shoot me a PM.

Rich

IMHO, with some age, they're fantastic (still a little overpriced) but if young (ie under 1 yr) I think they're nothing special.

I find Cohibas to be very good cuban cigars but I don't find my self buying many because of the price.

My canadian friends tell me you can find much better cuban cigars for a lot less money. :D :D

Ironworker said:
I only smoked the Siglo IV and wasn't very impressed. I haven't bought any more Cohibas because the 10 or so I smoked haven't been that great, maybe a 86 in my book.

With all the hype surrounding these cigar I know there has to be some incredible vitolas out there but I don't know which ones they are.

If you have to pay $30 + for a Cohiba to get a good cigar then Cohiba's are way over priced.

Maybe I'm wrong. Please point me in the right direction here fellas.
Better yet if someone has a 5er their willing to sell me please shoot me a PM.

Rich
[snapback]233989[/snapback]​

As with any brand they depend on individual taste. I like the Cohiba Robustos, Siglo V and VI.Alwasy good to try and make sure they are legit. Check my last post on the 30th Cohiba piramides. Some VERY good fakes out there.

Some of the best Cubans out there... I sent you a PM Rich... perhaps you smoked a few young Cohibas? Aged Cohibas are definitely some amazing smokes... Lucasbuck will be happy to vouch for that fact!! :)

Cohiba is a great cigar, however I really don't believe they're priced fairly. It's one of the most popular cigars on the market, ask someone who knows little about cigars to name one, and they'll blurt out Cohiba. I'd rather put my money towards something else that's more reasonably priced. Don't get me wrong, they are great cigars, however it's my opinion they are priced high because of all the hype and publicity they get.

Think of Cuban cigars, people think they are the best cigars just because they come out of Cuba. I can come up with some Dominican's that will kick a Cuban's a$$.

My recent smokes of a PAM64, a PAN26, and a #48 Anejo make me seriously question paying high prices for ISOM's. Are Cohiba's good....??...you bet; very good with some age on them. Are they the "best", better than great NC's....??...that's a far tougher question. Your own tastes and personal preferances will have to answer that one....

Regards - B.B.S.

In my humble opinion Cohibas are the best cubans in current production, at least from what I have had. The Siglo VI is still the best cigar I've ever had. They cost too much but that's the way it usually goes with the best of anything. They are in high demand. I wish I was like a lot of you guys and didn't like them, I wouldn't have to worry about paying the high prices.

The best bang for the buck Cohiba is the Siglo III. Yes Cohibas are more money than any other line of Cuban cigars. To some they are worth the premium, others they are not.

I personally love Cohibas and keep a large inventory of them in stock at all times. If you have a good vendor they can be had for a decent price when on sale.

My last box of Siglo IIIs I paid 200.00 on sale.

I enjoy yhe SIGLO IV anf the Cohiba RObusto!! Must have cohibas!

celt said:
Rod said:
I can come up with some Dominican's that will kick a Cuban's a$$.

:) could you give us noobs a list, please?
[snapback]234501[/snapback]​

I recently had some Fuente Cuban Belicoso's w/ age and plume that were out of this world, at $5 a piece. Love the entire Hemingway series and the Don Carlos are great.Maduro Hemingway's are a real treat.

Diamond Crown's are great, and the maduro's appear to be plentiful this year.

La Aurora makes a great smoke, look for the 100 Anos

Padron makes great Nicaraguan smokes, some think the best in the world....the high end 64 and 26's are great, but I've had 2000's with age that are some of the best smokes I've had.....

Perdomo, Oliva and Torano all have great smokes, you'll have to experiment to see what you like........

many great cuban cigars, but it doesn't have to be cuban to be great....

and to end the threadjack.....my limited experience with Cohiba's is that age is critical.

Of all Habanos that I have tried, I think the Cohiba has been my least favorite. I have tried the Siglo line, the Esplendidos, and the CoRo. They are good cigars, but the taste just never did it for me. However, I think one of the major reasons is that I was smoking pretty young cigars (I'm talking less than 3 years here). I say this because I recently smoked a Lancero that had around 4 years of age on it. I can see where this cigar could possibly be outstanding in the not so distant future.

So, for me, I think Cohibas just need some fairly significant age on the. Fact is, I really can't wait to smoke my last CoRo from 1998. I haven't had one in 5 years...I'm hoping it is fantastic. :p

I've had several Siglo VI and Robustos in my humidor for a couple of years now. They are fantastic and I agree they taste better over time, but I also enjoy PAMs just as much.

Well, I'm sitting outside in a park on a beautiful Fall afternoon hooked into free wireless and halfway through a Cohiba 2003 LE Double Corona, and based on this I'm gonna say yea they live up to the hype...sometimes. And this baby will improve for years.

BlindedByScience said:
My recent smokes of a PAM64, a PAN26, and a #48 Anejo make me seriously question paying high prices for ISOM's.  Are Cohiba's good....??...you bet; very good with some age on them.  Are they the "best", better than great NC's....??...that's a far tougher question.  Your own tastes and personal preferances will have to answer that one....

Regards - B.B.S.
[snapback]234516[/snapback]​

They are all just cigars people! Various lines of Cuban cigars you will like, other lines of Cuban cigars you won't like -- as with cigars from anywhere. No magic fairy dust, approach them the same way you'd approach cigars at your local store: try a bunch within your budget, see what you like.

As for being overpriced, many Cuban cigar lines are priced significantly lower than you'll pay for Padrón 1926s, Añejos, etc.... no import/sales tax, and some are simply less expensive, taxes/duties aside. Cohibas are excellent cigars IMHO... are they worth it to you? Depends on your tastes and pocketbook!

I disagree though Rod... clearly Cohibas are price appropriately if they continue to be so popular. They'd only be priced inappropriately if the price was high, and the product wasn't selling because of that.

I like Esplendidos, Siglo IV, Siglo VIs and CoRo.

I love Cohibas and it’s my favorite Cuban brand, though Partagas is closing in. There is nothing else in the Siglo VI size except the Edmumdo and the Siglo is much better. The Siglo IV is just an excellent smoke and a well aged Esplendido can’t be beat. I also don’t think it’s a brand that requires age but they do get much better over time. As far as money is concerned… it’s like every other brand in that it doesn’t factor into how good it is.

In my opinion Cohibas need a minimum of 5 years before they really shine. The thinner Lanceros and Corona Extras only need 3 from what I have experienced.