• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Computer Help

benjiev

"The Honorable"
Okay you hot shot computer whizzes. I need help with my computer ask me about houses local politics or food and I can give plenty of answers but computers are not my forte.

So here is the problem..... when I go into internet explorer to surf the net check my email etc. I eventually get this error message that requires me to shut down the internet. Very frustrating and is burning alot of my time.

Do any of you have an idea how I can fix this ??? I would be very greatful for some kind of solution. Plus my wife is driving me crazy asking what is causing this.

Please help!

BenjieV :(

P.S. I have been to the microsoft site to down load a fix but don't know which one to use.

benjiev said:
Okay you hot shot computer whizzes. I need help with my computer ask me about houses local politics or food and I can give plenty of answers but computers are not my forte.

So here is the problem..... when I go into internet explorer to surf the net check my email etc. I eventually get this error message that requires me to shut down the internet. Very frustrating and is burning alot of my time.

Do any of you have an idea how I can fix this ??? I would be very greatful for some kind of solution. Plus my wife is driving me crazy asking what is causing this.

Please help!

BenjieV :(

P.S. I have been to the microsoft site to down load a fix but don't know which one to use.
You have a virus (also known as a worm in this case) there a few different ones it can be. Are you running Windows XP? if so you need to download some security updates from microsofts website
if you have windows XP go to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en
and download the update there

You will also need to remove the virus...
go here:
http://www.evesham.com/DisplayNews.asp?e=2...4A1E45B8B6&td=1 (this page has pretty much all you need in one convinent location)

this should help you resolve your problem. If not, feel free to email me dmv@hotmail.com and I will be more than happy to talk you through this.
Computers are my thing :D

Mozilla <- This is your answer!!!!!
Get rid of IE and use a better browser imho

mlogo.gif

Once you get cleaned up, installing and maintaining an anti-virus program should be next on your list. There are many to choose from but I use Trendmicro.

You should also look into getting some kind of spyware, ad removal program. Personally, I use Norton for my antivirus and I use Ad-Aware and Spysweeper for ad and spyware removal. Never had any problems with any viruses.