• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Confession thread

Gator

Who are the real Fuente whores out there, the ones that would gut their Grandmother for a box of Anejo or Opus, or constantly on the prowl for any high end Fuente products, and what's your favorite Fuente?

"Hi, my name is Gator, and i'm a shameless Fuente Whore, my all time favorite smoke is a Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario, followed by a Forbidden X Dos, then Opus Robusto w/ 1-2 years of nap time."

Guilty!

Personal favorite is the hemingways or 8-5-8's, both reasonable price and tasty as all get-out!
They're my 'go-to' smoke for all kinds of occasions!

Don Pepin is god and Litto sits at his right hand.

Doc.

"Hi, my name is Gator, and i'm a shameless Fuente Whore, my all time favorite smoke is a Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario, followed by a Forbidden X Dos, then Opus Robusto w/ 1-2 years of nap time."

Why does that NOT surprise me?

I'm a Hemingway whore. Whatever the recipe is, it stands out from any other Cameroon/DR combo I've smoked. They're worth the extra couple bucks.

Don Pepin is god and Litto sits at his right hand.

Doc.
Here, here! Partly because the really great Fuentes are out of my price range, IF I can find them!

If I could get a Classic SG at all, I'd say it was as good as a 601 Habano Trabuco. Or if Casa Fuentes weren't only for sale in Vegas, they are comparable to a Padilla 8/11 Salomon at half the price. Or a Coronado by LFD Toro.

But I can't buy either a Classic SG or a Casa Fuente so it's moot.

I like the DPG / LFD creations, but i don't see them as great, i've had numerous burn issues w/ DPG (cavities mainly) which maybe a sign of them pushing the limits on their production. I reckon i just like the flavor profile of the Fuente line, but the scarcity of the product is beginning to irritate me, especially when it's at Casa Fuente for like triple the price...

I like the DPG / LFD creations, but i don't see them as great, i've had numerous burn issues w/ DPG (cavities mainly) which maybe a sign of them pushing the limits on their production. I reckon i just like the flavor profile of the Fuente line, but the scarcity of the product is beginning to irritate me, especially when it's at Casa Fuente for like triple the price...

Is there a Fuente you haven't tried but always wanted to smoke, James?

I also think DPG's production is being pushed to the limits lately and quality control has been more sporadic in some of the lines. But the same has been true of Fuente sometimes. The latest Chateaus that have come into our humidor have had cavities and burn issues, too.

But the Chateau SG line continues to be one of my favorite go-to smokes.

I am partial to Anejos any size and of course the higly limited Don Carlos Lancero!

Sharks! Send me all of your Sharks! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! :love:

I love them all. All-time favs are: OR Opus, Forbidden Opus, Hemingway SG, Hemingway Maduro, and more recently King B's. I've not tried the Don Carlos Edicions yet. I'll check those out soon though.

I wouldn't call myself a Fuente whore, but I definitely enjoy what they have to offer... Anejo's, Don Carlos and Hemmi's are some of my favorites...

I would have to agree with Doc... Pepin is on the top of the list.

I'm a Hemingway whore. Whatever the recipe is, it stands out from any other Cameroon/DR combo I've smoked. They're worth the extra couple bucks.

Edited to add: How could I forget the SG Cuban Belis? Man, I'm a whore for those as well.

Umm, guess that wasn't an edit. Wrong button. Apologies.

I would have to say I'm a Pepin Whore, right now... but I am saving a few GOFs and Opus for a special occasion, and come to think of it Gator I would probably trade your Grandmother :0 for a Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario as they were +$80 at Casa Fuente last week. :sign: But I did recently pick up a box (4) Forbidden X.

edited to add: Gator your Avatar frightens me.

I'd have to say the 3 best cigars I've ever had were all Fuentes, Sadly, none are available for sale (anymore)...

Opus maduro lancero, VSG ER any size, and Don Carlos Senior robusto, mmmmmmmm