• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Converted Armoire to humidor

cibao

Just finished this conversion im not a cabinet maker but i did ok ,took about 3 weeks to finish was able to use rigid foam 1.5 inches to insulate unit , lined with Honduran mahogany and Spanish cedar doors, shelf and drawers enjoy...
IMG_0209-1.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

CopyofDSC00854.jpg

CopyofDSC00853.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Rest of pictures here

Good work on that one. Oddly, I have an armoire (unused right now) that looks EXACTLY like yours. Oh man, I hope you did not just inspire me to do something... :blush:

Well done sir, looks like you enjoy the Padron's and the Fuente's as much as I do! :thumbs:

Good work on that one. Oddly, I have an armoire (unused right now) that looks EXACTLY like yours. Oh man, I hope you did not just inspire me to do something... :blush:
You should do it i thought about it for too long and ... well it was worth doing it.

cibao,

Nice job! Good looking unit. Questions...

1. What kind of temp / humidification system are you using?

2. Does the fan at the rear of the cabinet draw outside air? ( I see it's through and through)

Cheers...

- KiltLad

cibao,

Nice job! Good looking unit. Questions...

1. What kind of temp / humidification system are you using?

2. Does the fan at the rear of the cabinet draw outside air? ( I see it's through and through)

Cheers...

- KiltLad

believe it or not all i have been using for several years are the humi beeds because here in florida is high humidity and no system is needed
as for temp i used
AC-162.jpg
hot on one side cold on the other

Look man. You have 12 posts since Oct 1 2006. I think you need to cool it down a bit. :laugh:

Beyond that, very nice setup. What impresses me the most is the amount of wood you are using.

WOW. That's it. Just....WOW. I'm very impressed...

For someone that dosen't know what he is doing I have to say that is one hell of a set-up. :rolleyes: Great job, that's one really classy looking humi you got there.

Is that a refrigeration / temp controlled unit?

I ask, because I am looking to built an Armoirdor in the near future.
I'm thinking I will need some kind of cooling system because of the warm
temps here in SoCal.

Thanks,

- KiltLad

Thanks for all the kind words :D
the only thing im not capable of building was the cabinet it self it takes a lot of tools i don't have and craftsmanship , the inside was easy by looking at other cabinet humidors pictures on this site and others..

Is that a refrigeration / temp controlled unit?

I ask, because I am looking to built an Armoirdor in the near future.
I'm thinking I will need some kind of cooling system because of the warm
temps here in SoCal.

Thanks,

- KiltLad

is a thermal electric unit (like this one)