• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cool Improvised Bead Holder

SmokeSignal

Diabolical Mastermind
Today I was setting up another small humidor and needed a plastic container to hold some beads for it. I looked all over the house to find something that wouldn't spill easily.

Here's what I used, it works GREAT. Get a CCI .22 plastic ammo box, the kind that holds 100 rounds. Carefully clean it out. It's perfect because it has a plastic cover with 100 holes, just right for ventilation and keeping the beads from falling out if you tilt it.

So start with this....
anjuxl.jpg

Now here's the box with beads in it. Finally just snap on the plastic lid with the holes and we're done...
69l6af.jpg

OK, ready to smoke!!
a3gqhl.jpg

I feel like I heard of this once before but I may be nuts, definitely a cool idea. Now I just need to empty one of my cci 22lr boxes...

For more bead capacity try .22 mags... But I'm not sure of the effectiveness since it will just be deeper and not actually more surface area of the beads...

Anyone have few of those sitting around they dont need? Since all my friends that shoot stuff have moved away and that made me stop firing guns for fun not as much fun solo. Now all I really only own is a WW2 germany officer pistol sits in my safe deposit box. I really not big on just buying bullets to have the box.

Anyone have few of those sitting around they dont need? Since all my friends that shoot stuff have moved away and that made me stop firing guns for fun not as much fun solo. Now all I really only own is a WW2 germany officer pistol sits in my safe deposit box. I really not big on just buying bullets to have the box.
For a whole $2.99 plus shipping (which I'll bet could be inside a 1st class envelope if you asked nicely) you have a better solution than the .22 box.

If a guy has these trays lying around, that's one thing, but priority is now almost five bucks. Don't be cheap.....:cool:

JMHO - B.B.S.

For those of us that don't have $2.99 laying around :p you can get a pair of panty hose socks that you find in shoe stores to try on shoes for less than a buck. Doesn't look as cool, but you can get much more surface area that way. No shipping either... Hey, more money for cigars. :thumbs:

Brandon

For those of us that don't have $2.99 laying around :p you can get a pair of panty hose socks that you find in shoe stores to try on shoes for less than a buck. Doesn't look as cool, but you can get much more surface area that way. No shipping either... Hey, more money for cigars. :thumbs:

Brandon

Holy necro thread, Brandon...!!

Not sure that the panty hose bag would have any more surface than the nice little mesh bags designed for the purpose. I have used the nylon mesh bags designed for the purpose and have no regrets. YMMV, etc....

Brandon

Not sure that the panty hose bag would have any more surface than the nice little mesh bags designed for the purpose. I have used the nylon mesh bags designed for the purpose and have no regrets. YMMV, etc....

Yes Tom, but he could wear the panty hose and get added use before he puts the beads in! ;)

Just found this yesterday, at the dollar store there were plastic butter dishes, the kind that hold a stick of butter. The lid is the perfect size, just turn it upside down. Not bad for a buck.

Just found this yesterday, at the dollar store there were plastic butter dishes, the kind that hold a stick of butter. The lid is the perfect size, just turn it upside down. Not bad for a buck.

Does the container lock in some way? I always find it better for the beads to be in a sealed container so they don't fall out. Just my 2 cents.

No, it's in a wine cooler so its stable, I'm not worried about them spilling.

....the amount of effort folks will go to, to save $3.00 really blows me away. When the perfect tool for the job costs three bucks, why would anyone fiddle with anything else?

Brandon

Yeah I was referring to more surface area than the bullet case. I am sure it would be the same as the $3 job...but there is just something about panty hose... :whistling: