• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolerdor Question

CigaryGuy07

Had a question regarding using a CO in my coolerdor. The humidity has been staying at around 70%RH (have calibrated hygro), despite the fact that I've tried to lower the RH% to around 65% using the buttons on it. Any particular reason why it won't go lower? I have mostly boxes in there made of cedar filled with smokes.

Maybe the boxes have stabilized at 70% to the point that they are now creating the 70% environment so I would remove the CO and allow the RH to drop to 65%. Reinstall the CO set at 65% and see how it works if using a hygro seperate from the CO it may be more accurate and you may have to set the CO at slightly less than 65%. Just my opinion. Of course you could always switch to the beads they work wonderfully.

Get some 65% RH beads, this will stabilize the environment ----> Linky
On the left menu theirs a calculator to calculate the amount of beads needed. Throw them into your coolidor dry, they will pull out the excess
RH.

Brian

Leave the lid open the cigar oasis off for a few hours a day until it comes down. You could also have just put some wet smokes in there.

Thats how I fix mine.