• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor

Tuxindy

You Looking At Me!?
Reaction score
Going on a four month trip and plan on using the coolidor. Should I bring a small humidor for picking out the weeks smokes? Being in a hot dry enviroment what would be the BEST control method for Humidity?

Tux it is ALWAYS best to go with beads and I am sure the others will agree. I would say heat would be another concern if you are in warm weather and the 'dor is in your car there could be some RH fluxes you have to deal with. Most will be equalized by the beads though. you may want to freeze any cigars you get for 3 days and then fridge for 1 day to kill any beatles that could hatch in the heat. You could always pick up a small humidor to carry daily rations in but the cooler should be fine. Come to think of it I need to start pricing beads for mine :whistling:

This is what you need > Travel humidor I have a few in different sizes, they are the ****!

Also get your self a "Large tube humidifier" from Vern!

Thanks I did look at those Pelican cases, but I planning on taking a lot of cigars (150+) and I need something that doesn't take alot of room on a pallet, but still protects. Igloo coolers has a new design thats more square that I think will be perfect. Thanks though for the suggestion plus the link to the great website for cheap pelican cases. :cool: