• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP FF 2 2010

I read your email and pm my addy. I wanted to bring up the discussiong of put return yards/TDs. I have seen guys get 50-80 points from their PR alone if he lines up as a WR too.

I'm in and signed up. Thanks for the invite Matt.

I figured this league was beneath you Brian. :p

Yeah...never thought you would stoop so low as to go slummin' with us noobs, Brian. :laugh:

What's next??? Ironpeddler?? Nah...he's got too much class for the likes of us! :whistling:

Y'all are just worried about me winning!

BTW, Matt....it's Lemme see your TD's not Lemmie :laugh:

You got that right, Brian! I'm totally bummed about my chances of repeating as champs with you in the league! :(

Oh well...I guess it's back to the cellar again! :laugh:

Seriously, glad to have you aboard. It's a great league and will be even more fun with you to compete against. :thumbs:

If you are talking about adding Return Yards as a scoring line, I'm OK with it.

I think Yahoo limits the number of scoring lines and I think we're close to max.

If you want to ditch Offensive Fumble Returns and put in 15 return yds per point, that would work for me.

G-

Are these the same league settings as carried over from last year? I mean whatever is decided is fine but here are the things I don't care for:

5 yards per point for rushing yardage - Would like to see this at 10
8 yards per point for receiving yardage - Would like to see this also at 10

6 points for passing TD - More of a comment on this than anything else. 6 is high imo, however because of the negatives for sacks and interceptions, I think its ok.

3 points for a sack, interception, or fumble recovery - Would REALLY like to see this at 1. What you are saying is that even though its harder for a defense to score a touchdown, they deserve to get the same amount of points for 2 sacks. I could run some numbers based on last years stats, but I am of the opinion that "scoring wise", you don't defenses up near the top with all the other offensive players at the end of the year, right?

Oh hell here are some numbers:

Andre Johnson - using last years numbers he would have scored 249 points. Arguably, he is one the top receivers in the league.
Indy's Defense - using last years numbers they would have scored 236 points not taking into account blocked kicks and safetys. They had a pretty good defense from what I saw of the scoring against them, but I think there are better ones out there. I can't access the league I ran last year to see if they were up near the top or not right now.

Either way, I don't think team defenses should be worth as much as star offensive players. Anyone elses thoughts?

As for the punt return thing. I'm ok with punt returners getting 6 for the TD, but I think we can just remove the yardage all together. Still leaves those that also return punts a little extra value when drafting.

Are these the same league settings as carried over from last year?
Yes

I mean whatever is decided is fine but here are the things I don't care for:

5 yards per point for rushing yardage - Would like to see this at 10
8 yards per point for receiving yardage - Would like to see this also at 10

Thoughts guys?
10 will make this into more of a running back game yea?

6 points for passing TD - More of a comment on this than anything else. 6 is high imo, however because of the negatives for sacks and interceptions, I think its ok.

Me too

3 points for a sack, interception, or fumble recovery - Would REALLY like to see this at 1. What you are saying is that even though its harder for a defense to score a touchdown, they deserve to get the same amount of points for 2 sacks. I could run some numbers based on last years stats, but I am of the opinion that "scoring wise", you don't defenses up near the top with all the other offensive players at the end of the year, right?

I agree, Fellas?

Oh hell here are some numbers:

Andre Johnson - using last years numbers he would have scored 249 points. Arguably, he is one the top receivers in the league.
Indy's Defense - using last years numbers they would have scored 236 points not taking into account blocked kicks and safetys. They had a pretty good defense from what I saw of the scoring against them, but I think there are better ones out there. I can't access the league I ran last year to see if they were up near the top or not right now.

Either way, I don't think team defenses should be worth as much as star offensive players. Anyone elses thoughts?

As for the punt return thing. I'm ok with punt returners getting 6 for the TD, but I think we can just remove the yardage all together. Still leaves those that also return punts a little extra value when drafting.

Anthony I put it out for discussion. If we get feedback we can change these settings.

Cool. We played with the settings this way last year apparantly and it wasn't really an issue...but since it was up for discussion, I thought...what the heck. :)

Still was a fun league even with the settings as they were. :)

I don't have real strong opinions on scoring as long as we stay away from the big bonus items like I've seen in some leagues.

We all have to play the same rules. That's part of what makes it fun.

G-

Just a little bump.
Got a PM from Allen, his smokes are on the way.

Are we all OK with the points setup?

I'm getting pumped at the thought of smoking Brian's sticks at the end of this. :laugh:

No problems with the points set up here. Looking forward to this. I've taken a few years off from FF and am happy to get back into it.

Just a little bump.

I'm getting pumped at the thought of smoking Brian's sticks at the end of this. :laugh:

:laugh: where's the middle finger emoticon when you need it? Point system is fine with me. I'll be sending out my smokes tomorrow Matt.

Matt, my smokes will be most likely be flying next monday or tuesday. If that changes to something earlier, I will let you know. I actually have very little on hand, so I need to get to the store after I get paid this week.

Just a little bump.

:laugh: where's the middle finger emoticon when you need it? Point system is fine with me. I'll be sending out my smokes tomorrow Matt.

Here....
finger.gif

:laugh:

Sorry Folks. I still need to get my smokes in.

They'll be on the way shortly. Was hoping for a little break in the weather. It's been over 100 everyday for more than two weeks now.

G-

I'm sorry so I have not sent anything yet but will this week. It's 6 non-shitty cigars right? I actually only have excellent smokes in my humi.