• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 4

Thanks for letting me participate in the pass. I was able to get some cigars that I wanted to try.

Thanks guys! This was a ton of fun and a great learning experience!

One thing I wondered, after I sent the package out. Why aren't there all-virtual passes? It would be a lot of work for the host (I would do it, but I don't qualify yet) but I think it would save a lot of money. I paid almost $30 to ship the pass, it was the only low point of the pass for me, I thought that if I had to pay more than $15 to ship it I wouldn't do a pass again, it's not really worth it. So why not a virtual one? The passer could post their P/T's, and send them to the host with a pre-printed return shipping label. The host sends out the takes. Maximum shipping to almost anywhere would be $9.60. Plus, I think it might even go a little faster. Just a thought I had.

I think there is something really special about opening a huge box full of smokes and deciding what to trade for. The smokes available in the pass are usually ones I don't have access to necessarily. The virtual thing looses all the umph, it's basically a trade. Passes seem to have different qualities about them so you may want to get in on one that is more up your alley. If you read the pass thread you will see that with all the fun, games, banter, trading and friendships created it's more than worth the price of admission IMHO.

This is true, I took a lot more than just the cigars away from the pass. It wouldn't be something for every pass, especially with a lot of the extra side things passes have in them. But it would be a way to have a pass for noobs, just to get one under to belt, so to speak. Plus security and cigar integrity wouldn't be an issue. Thanks again guys and looking forward to seeing you in another pass soon!

I actually entertained the idea of having a virtual pass some time back, "CP Class Virtual Pass" I believe is what I had dubbed it. I thought it might be fun to do possibly during hot Summer months where I didn't want a big box full of smokes constantly sitting in sweltering heat. My thoughts were, since I would be the host, to cover the cost of shipping takes to each person and just have each person pay to ship their puts. I hadn't thought about a pre-paid label deal. I know Jeff had entertained the idea as well at one point. Might be fun to try one of these days.

There actually have been virtual passes, THIS being one of them. Damn at some of the sticks swapped. :0

Wooohooo! It is on the way home! This has been one of the most educational passes I've hosted/been in. Tons of good stuff talked about. I will apologise for not having more contests, didn't even get to do my treasure hunt! Things have been quite...hectic...the past few months.

I actually entertained the idea of having a virtual pass some time back, "CP Class Virtual Pass" I believe is what I had dubbed it. I thought it might be fun to do possibly during hot Summer months where I didn't want a big box full of smokes constantly sitting in sweltering heat. My thoughts were, since I would be the host, to cover the cost of shipping takes to each person and just have each person pay to ship their puts. I hadn't thought about a pre-paid label deal. I know Jeff had entertained the idea as well at one point. Might be fun to try one of these days.

Jepe! You're up my man! Give me some good T/P's so I can get your smokes headed out to you. I also owe you some MAW smokes...gotta remind me what you wanted.

BILL!! Where you at??

I'm sitting in the Den watching a Titanic documentary.

Wooohooo! It is on the way home! This has been one of the most educational passes I've hosted/been in. Tons of good stuff talked about. I will apologise for not having more contests, didn't even get to do my treasure hunt! Things have been quite...hectic...the past few months.

Jepe! You're up my man! Give me some good T/P's so I can get your smokes headed out to you. I also owe you some MAW smokes...gotta remind me what you wanted.

BILL!! Where you at??

I'm sitting in the Den watching a Titanic documentary.

When Hell's Kitchen is on??? ???

OK here I go:

T: La Flor Dom III $8.08- P: El Triunfador $8.4
T: Oliva V $6.04 - P: Illusine 888 $7.26
T:Cao Cameroon Beli $6.23- P: La Aurora 100 ANOS (I think its arround $7-$8,cant find it in the "comperison shoper".
TCao Boss $12.5 - P: DC Maximus No.4 $11.51(If the range is too much I'll take it out)

Tell me what you think?
Greg I'll PM you about the MAW smokes later today.

Thanks for letting me participate in this pass Greg. It was a great experience and very educational.

OK here I go:

T: La Flor Dom III $8.08- P: El Triunfador $8.4 Good!
T: Oliva V $6.04 - P: Illusine 888 $7.26 Good!
T:Cao Cameroon Beli $6.23- P: La Aurora 100 ANOS (I think its arround $7-$8,cant find it in the "comperison shoper". Good!

Tell me what you think?

Jepe - per PM I believe the above will be your final T/P's. If this is correct, your takes as well as MAW smokes will be heading out on Monday Priority Mail International® Label Number: CJ190543779US.

Bill - You're up! Post up some T/P's and we'll call this baby done!

Greg,

As many others have said, this has been a lot of fun and a great learning experience! Thank you very much for putting this together, dedicating the time, and dealing with what I imagine must be a great deal of frustration. Your demeanor and patience is very pleasant in the midst of dealing with a bunch of guys who haven't done this before. Again Thanks brother!
-Taylor

O and I'd just like to be the last one in this pass to say that Carbonless's avatar is mesmerizing and distracting when trying to do P's and T's!

Just when doing P & T's? :laugh:

Like to add my thanks again as well, Greg. This was a phenomenonal experience and the work you put into it was greatly appreciated.

you_rock.jpg

~Boar

Thanks for having me in the pass, it was a wonderful and learning experience!

OK here I go:

T:Cao Cameroon Beli $6.23- P: La Aurora 100 ANOS (I think its arround $7-$8,cant find it in the "comperison shoper".
TCao Boss $12.5 - P: DC Maximus No.4 $11.51(If the range is too much I'll take it out)

Tell me what you think?

Is this supposed to be a La Aurora Cien Anos ? If so what size is it?

OK here I go:

Tell me what you think?

Torpedo(Belicoso),I don't know if it was Cien .The cigar is on its way to Greg.
Here is a review,maybe you can tell from the pics in the review.
Its the same cigar I had.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry480749

OK here I go:

Tell me what you think?

Thank's Jepe. It is indeed a La Aurora Cien Anos Belicoso. Comparison Shopper put's it at $ 14.38 per stick. (ouch)

OK here I go:

Tell me what you think?

Thank's Jepe. It is indeed a La Aurora Cien Anos Belicoso. Comparison Shopper put's it at $ 14.38 per stick. (ouch)

What?? :laugh:

Dam,missed that. :sign:

I hope I'll search better next time :whistling:

Take's............................................................Put's

3) AF Canone.................................................DPG 1979 Robusto
4) AF Churchill..............................................JDNA 1970 Antano Lancero
17) Cuba Aliados Pyramide #3........................Hemingway Signature Natural
95) DPG Black Perla.......................................Padron 3000 Natural
111) AF Hemi' Short Story..............................Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro

The La Aurora 100 anos and the cien anos are the exact same cigar. Cien is 100 in Spanish. :thumbs: