• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigars 101" Newbie pass 3

I'd like to call your attention to a few things. First, I've added another line (line 8) to the syllabus. Second, you'll notice that this pass underwent an upgrade. We now have pretty pictures! Many thanks to last semester's instructor, Kingantz, for assisting. And third, we have a new student! Amateurafficionado, please come up to the front of the class and introduce yourself. Everyone, I want you to know that in this class, hazing is encouraged. :D

So now that all my homework is done, we can get started! Cibao33, it's coming your way! I'll post the DC# tomorrow.

Touche Khari..... touche! Good evening folks.... maybe good morning by now. Just want to let everyone know I'm glad to be along for the ride on this one, and to publicly state for the record that Khari is da man for squeezing me into his newbie pass at the buzzer..... actually after the buzzer I think. Being centrally located between BigFrankie and SouthsideCigar?... what a coincidence! Well again, I appreciate the trouble Khari.... let's get this thing started. I AM PSYCHED!!!

DeVonn

Touche Khari..... touche! Good evening folks.... maybe good morning by now. Just want to let everyone know I'm glad to be along for the ride on this one, and to publicly state for the record that Khari is da man for squeezing me into his newbie pass at the buzzer..... actually after the buzzer I think. Being centrally located between BigFrankie and SouthsideCigar?... what a coincidence! Well again, I appreciate the trouble Khari.... let's get this thing started. I AM PSYCHED!!!

DeVonn
....and the hazing will begin with a homework assignment of a full rewiew of a Pineapple White Owl. :laugh:

DeVonn
....and the hazing will begin with a homework assignment of a full rewiew of a Pineapple White Owl. :laugh:

You have to have a nice glass of wine to go with it though. I think Boones Farm Raspberry Hard Lemonade should do it. Do tell us how they go together!

Thanks for the late night laugh, amateuraficionado!

Hello everyone. My name is Dan, I live in Saint Augustine, Florida. I think is an insanely good idea. I wish I would have been around to get my name on this list. I am a big fan of Rocky Patel, and stick to the Edge, although I do enjoy a Java from time to time. I live near some pretty decent Cigar bar's and was wondering, what may be some other good kinds to try.

Welcome, to CP, Dan. Rocky Patel makes some very good cigars. Arturo Fuente is excellent, as is Padron and Don Pepin Garcia. Head over to the introduction forum and fill out your profile. You'll get more info than you can process.

All Right! This is starting off well. Nice map Professor! Any idea how long the total pass is in miles? It looks like I will send it off on its longest leg... I'd better make sure I pack and wrap it well!

Cheers Everybody!

All Right! This is starting off well. Nice map Professor! Any idea how long the total pass is in miles? It looks like I will send it off on its longest leg... I'd better make sure I pack and wrap it well!

Cheers Everybody!

Hmmm....that's an interesting question....

Interesting, indeed. In fact, it'll be our first contest question! The person who comes closest to the total distance covered by this pass (As stated by Mapquest) from the time it leaves my house until the time it gets back to my doorstep gets a 5er! Now for the fine print:

Contest open to pass participants only.
Answers must be posted in the original pass thread.
Any edits to your original post is an automatic disqualification.
Contest closes 1/17 at noon.
This ain't the Price Is Right (hereafter referred to as "PIR"). It is not necessary to be closest without going over. If the total is 3200 miles and the closest answer is 3205, they win. In the event of a tie however (e.g. one person chooses 3205 and another chooses 3195), then we'll invoke the "PIR" rule.
Again, the distance will not be determined "as the crow flies". I will be plugging each of your addresses into Mapquest and connecting each leg.

Please tell me your joking..... he's joking right?
Yea...it was the mandatory hazing....sorry Bro! :laugh:

I deserve it. Just thinking that I haven't smoked a white owl since I use to split'em open, dump the tobacco out and...... well it's been a long time! ;)

One quick question about the contest, which is a great idea by the way. Seeing as how it has to travel through L.A. from one locale to another, do we count the trip to L.A. just once in calculating the miles or somehow figure for travel through the city from one location to the next?

Please tell me your joking..... he's joking right?
Yea...it was the mandatory hazing....sorry Bro! :laugh:

I deserve it. Just thinking that I haven't smoked a white owl since I use to split'em open, dump the tobacco out and...... well it's been a long time! ;)

One quick question about the contest, which is a great idea by the way. Seeing as how it has to travel through L.A. from one locale to another, do we count the trip to L.A. just once in calculating the miles or somehow figure for travel through the city from one location to the next?

Could be a technicality. Check the rule book.