• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cramer...

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
Is it me or is Mad Money really addicting!?!?!

I have always been interested in the market and followed pretty closely when in college. Now as I prepare to finish grad school and have a real income and am looking into investments once again.

Does anyone who actually knows about investing actually follow the show? Is his advise worth taking? What are your opinions?

Patrick

I've only seen it a few times while changing channels.

It does seem pretty interesting at times, but I've never it watched it more than 10 minutes or so.

I trade for a living, Cramer is a smart guy and adds a bit of entertainment into the show. I find that his longer term calls are better.

I know two people who have done very well following his advice. They dont follow blindly though.

I'll tell you this...that man will die on television.

I like the show, definately entertaining. From what I understand, his advice is pretty sound, but it's only advice. It pays to do your own research. ;)

Eshaw99 said:
I'll tell you this...that man will die on television.
[snapback]273943[/snapback]​

You are probably right. Supposedly he used to be way more intense and stressed.

I love when he smashes those buttons though! :laugh:

I love the show!
He has helped me make some mad $ for my retirement!!!!

Booya!!

BooYa Cramer Fans!! Ive been trading(yes that my parents gave me) since I was 12 or 13, Im just absolutely in love with market economies what can I say. I started listening to Jim Cramer on the radio some time ago a.m. in Cville, and when he went to TV I was super excited. Love his show on the radio and on TV, I love anyone who is as excited about the market and/or economics as I am, his advice is usually sound, and its great when he admits that he was wrong. His history is quite interesting as well, he used to move a loooot of money in the market which is why he is so confident in himself now.

CYG

Two birds one stone: entertainment and fairly sound advice. Match your own due diligence to his leads.

I was actually flipping through the channels yesterday and stopped on this show. I watched it for about 20 minutes and it was pretty entertaining. I couldn't comment on his advice though, I don't have anything to do with the stock market.

Keep your eye on Apple. It split once already in the last 12 months. Since it's last split, its risen 40+ pts. Prospectors are expecting it to his 103 and split again.

With the introduction of intel based macs, they will see more switchover then ever.

I've been kicking myself for not buying it 2 years ago when the thought first crossed my mind.

That and I don't know squat about stocks. That is what your talking about right?

A friend of mine and I watch it. I have always wondered the legitimacy of the show though. Until we called in about a stock on the lightning round. The stock we wanted to pump, someone else was already asking it that day. The operator asked us if we wouldn't mind asking about another stock. A little fishy if you ask me. Of course he loved it and gave it two thumbs up. So much for the lightning round claim of not know what is coming.

Charles U Farley said:
A friend of mine and I watch it. I have always wondered the legitimacy of the show though. Until we called in about a stock on the lightning round. The stock we wanted to pump, someone else was already asking it that day. The operator asked us if we wouldn't mind asking about another stock. A little fishy if you ask me. Of course he loved it and gave it two thumbs up. So much for the lightning round claim of not know what is coming.
[snapback]275334[/snapback]​

The programmer has to know what you plan on asking, because really how interesting would it be if 3 out of 10 guys asked the same stock? They let you ask about another stock so that you didnt waste your time calling and then get pissed and not watch/listen anymore.

CYG