• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Creating Droid App?

modo22

Being so new to smart phones (droid incredible) I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to create your own app? Nothing too high tech, just something simple to use.

I have an idea that I think might do well. I don't have a name for it, but it would basically be a tool to help you remember where your dog has left its gifts for you. I have a 1/3 acre with no fence, so I walked my dog quite a alot. But when the end of the week comes and it is time to mow I have to try and remember where everything was so I can do some handy dandy shovel work. It would be nice to bring up the App that I have kept track on and find the landminds before the mower does.

To my knowledge, there is not an app out there that does this. Just thinking it can give you a general yard shape and you simply tap the spot where the deposit was made and it saves it till it is time to doggy patrol....maybe thats what I call it Doggy Patrol.

HA :sign:

Why not walk the dog with a bag, and take care of business after the dog "takes care of business"?

Too easy, I guess!

I'm not much help either, but for a bump;

Why not just let the shit hit the fan of the mower and speckle your yard with it. It'll be dry enough within a few hours that it won't stick to your shoes when you walk across it. I speak this from experience.*

*Disclaimer
This may not be feasible if you're the owner of some large pile dropping breed such as a Great Dane, Mastiff, Rottweiler, Saint Bernard, etc. I own a 7lb. Pomeranian.

To answer your original question,
the programming platform for Android is the Android SDK (source development kit). Do a search of some tutorials, download the SDK, and play around with it. That's the best I can tell ya, but I do know it's a much desired skill with the rising popularity of Android.

Would a GPS app that allows you to mark waypoints work?

Why not walk the dog with a bag, and take care of business after the dog "takes care of business"?

Too easy, I guess!

Agreed that is the easy route...but I hate picking up fresh pile at 7AM...just not the way I want to start the day :laugh:

*Disclaimer
This may not be feasible if you're the owner of some large pile dropping breed such as a Great Dane, Mastiff, Rottweiler, Saint Bernard, etc. I own a 7lb. Pomeranian.

Interesting; might work, but my 50lbs Irish Setter droppings might create a mess. It would be fun if I pointed the blower over into my neighbors yard! :sign:

Wavescrashing; I will search around for that and google some tutorials.

Would a GPS app that allows you to mark waypoints work?

Possibly, I don't see why not. It would have to be pretty large scale or else the points would be pretty close and not too defined. Do you know any good GPS apps. I know that Google wont work, I have tried that.

Just go buy some orange survey flags, and place one next to the pile after he shits. You will easily be able to spot the landmines then!
GPS wouldn't have enough resolution to identify each pile.

Maybe find a mapping software that allows you to add points on a small scale. Map out the yard and touch the point of the poop.

Just go buy some orange survey flags, and place one next to the pile after he shits. You will easily be able to spot the landmines then!
GPS wouldn't have enough resolution to identify each pile.

Maybe find a mapping software that allows you to add points on a small scale. Map out the yard and touch the point of the poop.

Unless you want to spend the kind of money to have a surveying grade GPS setup, consumer GPS will have at best a 3-5 metre accuracy. The only way to get better than that is to use a dual frequency differential setup, somewhere to the tune of $40,000 for something used. :D [/end geek]

hire the neighbor kid......

either he can pick up the poo

or

prolly knows how to code your app..

t

hire the neighbor kid......

either he can pick up the poo

or

prolly knows how to code your app..

t

HA! I bet he could program the app, but he can't even pick up their dogs shit that sometimes makes it on my side....which I then just throw back over in their yard. :sign:

Being so new to smart phones (droid incredible) I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to create your own app? Nothing too high tech, just something simple to use.

I have an idea that I think might do well. I don't have a name for it, but it would basically be a tool to help you remember where your dog has left its gifts for you. I have a 1/3 acre with no fence, so I walked my dog quite a alot. But when the end of the week comes and it is time to mow I have to try and remember where everything was so I can do some handy dandy shovel work. It would be nice to bring up the App that I have kept track on and find the landminds before the mower does.

To my knowledge, there is not an app out there that does this. Just thinking it can give you a general yard shape and you simply tap the spot where the deposit was made and it saves it till it is time to doggy patrol....maybe thats what I call it Doggy Patrol.

HA :sign:

Try this site. This may be what your looking for.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/12/google-to-release-android-app-inventor/