• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cruises

Clint, x2 on Royal Caribbean. Mrs, baby and I took a Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona with them over Thanksgiving '09. The ship, food and service were all fantastic.

Thanks Tom. I found a 7-day Western Caribbean on Carnival for $669/person for a Suite. Which is about 1/2 what suites go for on the other cruises I've seen. Cruise leaves Jan 6th, which looks like it will give us mid-70s weather where the cruise goes. Mid-March is the other possibility but rates go up, but so does the temp into the mid-80s. Decisions....

Also, Matt mentioned getting adjoining rooms. You don't pay more for that? It's a per-person charge?

You have to compare the prices. Sometimes there is a distinct savings if you put more than two people in a room, other times, two rooms work out to be roughly the same price. But if your kids are young (and relatively small) you may be able to stay in one of the smaller rooms with the fold out bunk beds overhead - that would probably be significantly cheaper than two rooms, but you'll be shoehorned in there.

Thanks Dave. I don't plan on spending any more time in the room than necessary so as long as 4 of us can fit length-wise in it, that should suffice.

I wonder if they made a capsule section of a cruise ship for a cheaper rate if they could get more people on the ship. Like this. Clicky These would allow you to fit length-wise and nothing else.

And here all along I've been putting wet clothes in those things. Took forever to get them dry.

Thanks Dave. I don't plan on spending any more time in the room than necessary so as long as 4 of us can fit length-wise in it, that should suffice.
Having been on a few cruises you are right on this point. Basically the room is a place to sleep, change clothes and shower. There's more than enough going on during the cruise to keep you busy.
There are parts of the promenade deck that allow cigar smoking as well as the cigar lounge ont he NCL cruises. I have also smoked on the balcony of my room. And if you get off the ship during the port calls
you can smoke anywhere you like.

Enjoy!

Dave

Avoid any cruise lines that paint their ships gray.

Doc

Avoid any cruise lines that paint their ships gray.

Doc
Must agree Doc, unless you don't mind working to pay for your cruise. Don't forget all the exotic ports of call you will be able to see!
Don't get that with any of the big name cruise lines. :laugh:

Thanks Tom. I found a 7-day Western Caribbean on Carnival for $669/person for a Suite. Which is about 1/2 what suites go for on the other cruises I've seen. Cruise leaves Jan 6th, which looks like it will give us mid-70s weather where the cruise goes. Mid-March is the other possibility but rates go up, but so does the temp into the mid-80s. Decisions....

Also, Matt mentioned getting adjoining rooms. You don't pay more for that? It's a per-person charge?

Make sure to go when it's warm so you can liesurely enjoy your daily cigars. Trying to smoke one in a cool wind sucks. (Alaska cruise 2009). :whistling:

Edit: Spelling

What the deuce?? I don't want an Irish cooking my food or a Brit fixing my teeth and I sure as Hell don't want an Italian driving my boat.

Regarding adjoining rooms, on our last cruise with the kids (much younger than yours) I found it way less expensive to book two side by side rooms with a door adjoining them than to book one larger suite that would fit all of us. That way it gave both the kids and ourselves a little privacy and plenty of room.

One thing to consider though, if it's important to you, is that your level of service and some of the perks you get by booking a suite will be better than any other room, no matter how many you book. One big example is that I hate lines. I hate waiting in them. On Carnival, if you book any room at the suite level or higher you get priority boarding, priority tenders off the ship (in places where you don't dock), and priority disembarkation when returning. The day you arrive, instead of waiting in a long snaking line for hours, you get to walk right through and into a nice office for one on one attention from someone to check you in.

For way more information than you'd possibly ever want, check out the Cruise Critic boards. Just like here, search is your friend over there and anything you can imagine has been asked and answered!

Just got back from our 3rd Jam Cruise. http://www.jamcruise.com/2012/ Not for the kids though, or at least my kids. Fabulous time, friendly crowd, and stellar music. I can't recommend it enough. However, after hitting the pier and crushing a concrete warning post leaving jamaica and seeing the tipped over ship in Italy, I have begun to question if these guys know how to drive these things.

Did your captain's name end in a vowel, #3? :)

Thanks for the tip Gonz, I'll do a lot of reading on that forum as it looks like every possible question about a cruise has been asked and answered.

I think your grammar is a bit off ;), but he'll get the jist of it.

Doc