• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuaba ELs - Mold -Yuk!

That's a good point.. It was early on in my ordering, but the vendor has been absolutely reliable for me and I have no issues with having them check things..

Despite the good service from the vendor, lesson learned: Ask the vendor to inspect the box before shipping :)

Thats a good thing to do,but you also need to trust your vendor.
If you want the box to be opened for checkup you must trust him not to do funny things.

I'm sorry to hear about the mold issue,in my opinion they should have refunded you the money no questions asked,after all you said you were using them for years.
I doubt you'll ever do business with them from now on.
Shame on them.

didn't I see another case on here somewhere of a box of moldy cigars from a known vendor in the past month or so?

Probably has a whole pallet that was stuck some place at the distributors. That doesn't even look like 75% to me it's so bad.

[quote name='Smok'em' post='831281' date='Mar 11 2009, 05:10 PM']Just received a box of Cuaba ELs. Unfortunately lots of mold.

http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss223/smokem1313/[/quote]

That mold reminds of the lady that came in the ER with the worst case of yeast infection the hospital had ever seen. You could smell her over 50 feet away and she had her husband with him. Sad thing is this...she wasn't some white trash lady either. Dressed real nice and actually looked pretty good. But the smell...it could have knocked you out. Definitely one of the worst cases of mold I have seen since I was doing my Biology/Biochemistry project at the University many years ago.

Okay, I'm a freakin idiot!!!

After over a week going back and forth with the vendor, he will not credit my credit card, instead store credit only, so I will have to dispute this with my credit card company, since I will never purchase another thing from him.

This is after I sent the cigars back today to where he told me. He also refuses to pay for the shipping, so the cost is out of my pocket (but hey, it's only $6.13 and I wanted the moldy box of cigars out of my humidor already. Let him enjoy the 6 bucks.)

So I defended repeatly not outing the vendor, and in this case it shows what the F was I thinking. Bottom line, I don't think I could have made up a better story about what I consider is horrendous treatment.

I will try to answer PMs now.

The loss of business from the many brothers/sisters here will hurt him much much more than the 6 bucks will. I hate to see these kind of business tactics taking place, but I am very glad to see that he will get what is coming to him (loss of business.)