• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuba Libre?

mox369

Hey just saw that there are Cuba Libre Cigars. When im in Costa Rica, i also buy 6 packs of Cuba Libre, which is rum and coke in a can, its like 18 proof. Are their cigars any good?

This could be a different company, but im kinda doubtin it. Thank guys

This is not the same as the drink. Cuba Libre translates to free Cuba or liberate Cuba. The cigar is a CI brand that is made in the Plasencia factory in Honduras. It's not a bad cigar for the money but the La Herencia Cubana is a superior smopke for less cash.

I found that smoking a Cuba Libre isn't much different than drinking a Cuba Libre. There both smooth, refreshing on a hot day, a little sweet, and it takes a few to get a good buzz going.

I found that smoking a Cuba Libre isn't much different than drinking a Cuba Libre. There both smooth, refreshing on a hot day, a little sweet, and it takes a few to get a good buzz going.

That about sums them up. I initially thought they were terrible but after a year in the humi their not bad.

canned booze comes in handy, especially if it's actually drinkable.

the Jim Beam & Cola can's are pretty decent, plus you don't have all that silly stuff like a glass and ice to complicate things. lol

the cigars... well if they're the same as CI sells, they're a cheapO bundle cigar, but that doesn't mean they suck automatically. if they're plentiful and cheap, grab one, if it's good, grab some more.

Thanks for the clarification, rum n coke in a can is AMAZING!! I might have to try out the smokes as well!

What you're seeing in a can is the actual cocktail Cuba Libre. Coke, rum, and a squirt of lime juice. Supposedly invented by American troops stationed in Havana at the end of the Spanish-American War.

Most people today just drink the rum and Coke...but the lime juice is what, IMHO, gives it that extra kick of taste and makes it a truly great long drink. Even better if you get Coke made with cane sugar, like the Mexican-made Coca Cola you sometimes see in the Hispanic section of the grocery or in your local bodega.

What you're seeing in a can is the actual cocktail Cuba Libre. Coke, rum, and a squirt of lime juice. Supposedly invented by American troops stationed in Havana at the end of the Spanish-American War.

Most people today just drink the rum and Coke...but the lime juice is what, IMHO, gives it that extra kick of taste and makes it a truly great long drink. Even better if you get Coke made with cane sugar, like the Mexican-made Coca Cola you sometimes see in the Hispanic section of the grocery or in your local bodega.
The kosher coke is also made with sugar, it's easy to find this time of the year. A great mixer with rum lime and a good cigar.

Kosher coca cola? hmm will keep my eyes out for that.

Luckily in SoCal there is plenty of real coca cola from mexico around.

I can't stand the nasty chemical fuzzy piss water that they try to get us american's to drink now.

what the hell happened to the soda industry?

Hey just saw that there are Cuba Libre Cigars. When im in Costa Rica, i also buy 6 packs of Cuba Libre, which is rum and coke in a can, its like 18 proof. Are their cigars any good?

This could be a different company, but im kinda doubtin it. Thank guys

I went to Costa Rica recently too. I loved the Cuba Libre in a can. I think that's just what they call a rum and coke down there. I ordered it at the bar too and they just mixed up some rum with coke in a glass.