• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban Crafters Revolution Cigar Scissors

MonkeyK

OK so here is my impression of the CUBAN CRAFTERS REVOLUCION CIGAR CUTTER SCISSORS

I got these in the Revolucion Scissors GB and have had a chance to try them a couple of times now.

All-in-all, I'm not impressed. While they look like they were designed out of a Hellraiser movie, there is a definite flaw in the way the blades close. Since there are three of them, and the blades are all beveled on one side, they don't all meet when they close. The net result is that a radial edge is left after the cut (albeit a very clean radial edge).

I won't blame anyone but myself since I kind of knew that they would not work quite right when I made the purchase. I ignored my common sense because the scissors just look so cool.

If anyone else has been able to get a clean and straight cut with these, please let me know. Perhaps there is a secret to it. In the meantime, I'm going back to my Xikar Xi.

your right about the radial edge Mike, but that said, I haven't damaged one wrapper since using them. For the money, I think they are worth it.

I've used my pair a couple-three times. The cut is not bad, but does leave a "raised" area on the head where the three blades meet. All-in-all, due to the size of the device, I'll stick to my punch for non-torps and use my guillotine for torps.

I've used mine a few times and I have to agree about the jagged cut. The trick I found is to score it first and then cut with some downward pressure, slightly as you're cutting. This gave a cleaner cut.

Edit to add: The novelty of it is worth the price IMHO.