• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban Musings part 2

Fyodor

I was sitting there relaxing, smoking a cigar and drinking some wine, go figure, and the musings once again came over me, it just can't be stopped! While smoking a Saint Luis Rey petite corona and drinking some Rosemblum wine I exclaimed, " I love these Cubans regardless of what Moki thinks." Just kidding Moki. What I was thinking was that I like how Cubans come in pretty much standardized sizes ( Double Coronas are always 49 x 7 5/8, Churchill's are 47 x 7 ect.) and they always have that nice triple cap. Maybe that is a recent thing in Cuba after communism? So what I was thinking was why did the Cubans quit doing this when they fled Cuba and made cigars in other countries? I imagine the dimension change came from popular demand as the Cubans are now doing it too. People seem to like they're cigars fatter and shorter these days. I prefer the longer and thinner cigars but I think I'm in the minority. But why abandon the triple cap? Don't get me wrong I don't care that much about the cap of my cigars as I'm going to cut it anyway but I don't see the NC caps as an improvement so why change?

Recently I've been really enjoying the mareva vitola. I've been having less and less time available for smoking cigars and these seem perfect for me. They also seem to be where the Cubans really shine. My question is, are there any NC's for $130 or so a box that are equivalent in quality and taste to the Cubans? My favorite petite coronas in the non-Cuban variety tend to cost a lot more. I would love to find a comparable NC.

-mark

My question is, are there any NC's for $130 or so a box that are equivalent in quality and taste to the Cubans?
-mark

Careful Mark...this is the same statement that you made last time that started a rukus!! :p

-Fetter :whistling:

My question is, are there any NC's for $130 or so a box that are equivalent in quality and taste to the Cubans? My favorite petite coronas in the non-Cuban variety tend to cost a lot more. I would love to find a comparable NC.

Damn good question - I've wondered the same thing. My favorite pc comparable smoke would be a PAM Principe. However, depending on where you get these, they're 7-8 bucks a piece. Although that still didn't keep me from buying a box the other day :whistling: