• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cusano 18 Double Natural and Maduro

theginguy

Hey all,

I thought that I would do a small little review on these two Cigars.

I have found that I really enjoy the Rocky Patel Vintage series and the Avo Classics and Maduro's. I find that these two brands for myself are exactly what I'm looking for in a Cigar. Nice flavor, very mild and very smooth.

So from several places on the net, Cusano was suggested as a cheaper alternative for a more smooth/mild cigar. So I went out and bought the Double Natural and Maduro today. Although, they aren't that much cheaper.

cusano18pic.jpg

Apperance

The Double Natural was a little smooth. The Maduro was rougher... slightly sand papery, sort of like a Padron.

Construction

Seem to be pretty well constructed. They seemed a little loose, not too tight. The wrapper seemed pretty good. I didn't have a problem with the construction. They burned decent also.

Smell

Both of these cigars have a good pre-lit smell to them. After lighting, they produced a good amount of smoke that was also pleasant.

Taste

Here is where I had the issue with both of them. They are both very smooth, so that part about them was exactly what I was looking for. I enjoyed how smooth they were and I just wish they had tasted better to me. But it was the taste that put me off. They both just had a "young tobacco/green leaf" taste to them. The Double Natural was worse. I would go as far to say that it tasted like the tobacco still had pesticides on it. But they both left a nasty finish in my mouth that was unpleasant for me. I enjoy smoking cigars with food and drink, so taste is very important to me and I just couldn't see myself enjoying these at all in the future.

Conclusion

I'm afraid I won't be buying these again and instead will be focusing on my first two boxes of cigars being from Rocky Patel and Avo. :)

Both are great cigars off the shelf.

Tonight I enjoyed a Cusano 18 Maduro Churchill with about 2 years of age on it, and it was like a totally different cigar smooth all around, and very tasty

I first enjoyed a Cusano 18 3 years ago and have always carried some in my box. The Gordo is my choice of cigar and I feel it gives off the best taste.

You might want to try to give this a second chance but let it sit in your box for a short time before smoking it. It would be intresting to hear your oppinion again.

Mike