• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Custom ashtray?

:Monty:

Does anyone know where I can get one of those big chunky ceramic ashtrays? I'd like to get one for a buddy with his company logo on it. Maybe I could try and find a blank one and have it painted? Either way google has not helped.

Everything I find is like 500 piece minimum. Maybe I can just have someone paint one?

PM Strayvector.
I remember him having one made for a buddy. Couldn't comment on what he paid.

If you have a local college with an art program nearby, I would go ask. I use the kids here at Marietta College to do things for me and they are glad to be paid a reasonable price for their work and there is no minimum.

If you have a local college with an art program nearby, I would go ask. I use the kids here at Marietta College to do things for me and they are glad to be paid a reasonable price for their work and there is no minimum.
+1

I always use the university art department for all my ceramic and glassware needs.

Trophy shops can usually take care of stuff like that to on an individual basis.

I would think any custom printing shop, would be able to do it.

Here's my custom ashtray.. Wasn't cheap and apparently the gentleman who did it won't be doing it again because of the amount time his CNC machine was tied up just for this project.

Here's my custom ashtray.. Wasn't cheap and apparently the gentleman who did it won't be doing it again because of the amount time his CNC machine was tied up just for this project.

I showed this to my guys in the shop that run the CNC's. They were impressed! Now I've got to do one for me. Hopefully they can make the program while something else is in the machine. Is that 304 or did they use food grade stainless?

Wow! I never saw that post Sam. I was talking about the one you did with the Hummingbird on it for a friend.

I'm not big on Opus, but that is a badass ashtray.

Thanks for all the input guys; my search continues. I'm going to try a trophy shop or a printer next. I'm looking for something that looks like the square tatuaje ashtray that's out there but with my friends logo on it.

edit: grammar

I showed this to my guys in the shop that run the CNC's. They were impressed! Now I've got to do one for me. Hopefully they can make the program while something else is in the machine. Is that 304 or did they use food grade stainless?

No idea what a 304 is, but the material is aluminum used for plane parts. I do know the guy who made it said that it'll be one of kind for him because of how much time it took on the CNC machine.