• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Custom Beer Fridge

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
One of the many perks of the field I work in I am able to get my hands on some cool Items that usually just need a little TLC. A few years ago one of the businesses I take care of was throwing away a huge 2 door stainless steel commercial fridge. Once I got my house 4 years ago we got it down the bulkhead which it barley fit down and needed a little love tap foot stomp to get it through the door...LOL Once plugged in the compressor would not come on dur tho a bad thermostat. I replace the thermostat and it ran great and has been our Beer/Drink/overflow fridge for the past few years. I have wanted to put some kegs in the baby for a little while and came across just about everything I needed to do a two tap system so this morning I got to work.

Here are some pics I took today.

gallery_13257_1683_441829.jpg

gallery_13257_1683_165760.jpg

gallery_13257_1683_878981.jpg

gallery_13257_1683_18298.jpg

gallery_13257_1683_546489.jpg

gallery_13257_1683_631509.jpg

gallery_13257_1683_314229.jpg

I am now waiting on the only things I needed to purchase other than the tubing. I needed a couple tap handles, 3/16" beer tail piece per tap, and a drip tray. These items should be here next week and then I will need to get a keg of something!
I hope to be all setup by the Superbowl!

Paul

Looks like you need a few beers for that fridge!

Nice setup Paul.

Nice, Now put a commercial air sucking unit in so we can smoke in your basement!! :)

Looks awesome Paul!

Nice set up Paul. I'm about to make a smoking bar at my house. Check out Austin homebrew, northern brewer or keg cowboy for equipment.

Im on my way over...get the couch set up for me !! :D

Did you hide the Coors for this pick ? ;)

* ETA smart ass comment ^

Sweet set up. Free is even better. I think you might want to store some of those beers at room temp. They will age better that way. Just my opinion, YMMV.

Sweet set up. Free is even better. I think you might want to store some of those beers at room temp. They will age better that way. Just my opinion, YMMV.

The ones in the fridge will have no time to age...LOL I will be doing some shelving in the room I plan on building in the basement so i can store them that way for longer periods of time.

Thanks for the heads up,
Paul

No problem Paul. I know your affinity for the Ice Cold Silver Bullet. Which the fridge will work great for. But for the Stouts, Barley Wines, and Porters will do much better over time on your shelf. You will thank me in a few years. That Metastopholies and Uncle Jakobs Stout will be some of the best beers you have ever had. I wish I had one of those set ups. That is kick arse!

Are you going to MacGyver a solar panel to run that thing?

Nice job Paul!

Sick! I dream of having a fridge like this filled with amazing beers. The taps make it perfect. Nice work Paul!

ohh that is soooo sweat. I want to get me a kegerator so bad

Parts came today to finish up the beer taps so here are some updated picks of the finished product!

gallery_13257_1683_259178.jpg

gallery_13257_1683_71067.jpg

gallery_13257_1683_103829.jpg

Now I just need to save some cash to grab a keg or 2. One of a craft brew and one of the old trusty... Coors Light! I will update in a couple weeks once I get it running some beer.

Paul