• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Custom Domino Table by TP

jfields said:
That's pretty sweet looking!

How much will you be selling the wood shavings for?
Good one....
Am I the only one who thinks toilet paper when I see the TP abbreviation.?

TP is too close to TB.........not sure I want that closeness.

Second coat of the epoxy is all dried and will cure for another couple days. There are some rough spots but what the hell not to bad for applying it in my dinning room...LOL I was surprized that the Super Glaze stuff had absolutely no smell or fumes that came from it when it was wet.

gallery_13257_1818_27974.jpg

I really love how crystal clear this stuff is and how good the cedar inserts look in the bottom of the cup holders.

gallery_13257_1818_723486.jpg

gallery_13257_1818_425086.jpg

I am still toying with Ideas for the cigar rests for the two ash trays. This is the best Idea of a few I had. It is a 3/4" copper coupling cut in half and rounded on the corners. I then braved it to a 1/4" copper coupling and planned to drill a hole in the table and set it down in there to keep it balanced. the copper needs a lot more polishing to remove the char from the brazing. I am curious what you guys think?

gallery_13257_1818_363385.jpg

That would certainly add to the great work you've already accomplished.

tone-ny said:
Are you going to stain the outer area?
Still deciding I'm thinking a light stain and clear to brighten it up a bit. It is much lighter than the rest of the pine.

Awesome work!  I've been wanting to do an end table with all of my labels for a while now.  This has inspired me to look into it a bit more.

tone-ny said:

The outer edge gets a lot of wear and tear on those tables.
Are you referring to the outer top secton or the trim that wraps around the base?

The outer section where you have the cup cutouts. I left the entire top including the outer edge natural pine and covered it with the epoxy coating The coating is said to be very durable and it's almost 3/16 thick should withstand somewhere for the next couple years but only time will tell. The coding seems so thick and strong you almost have to hit it with a hammer to chip the wood.

thefatguy said:

Fucking sweet! Great job. Did you see the one I painted on my facebook? With the flames. PR flag and rooster?
it's not about you, this is Paul's baby, lol.

Yes, I am aware. And it is BEAUTIFUL, I love it! awesome idea, concept and execution. Just showing common ground that's all.
Again Paul. AMAZING IDEA, and work. Great pictures to by the way. 

Tall Paul said:

I am still toying with Ideas for the cigar rests for the two ash trays. This is the best Idea of a few I had. It is a 3/4" copper coupling cut in half and rounded on the corners. I then braved it to a 1/4" copper coupling and planned to drill a hole in the table and set it down in there to keep it balanced. the copper needs a lot more polishing to remove the char from the brazing. I am curious what you guys think?

Paul if you plan on playing often with a bunch of cigar smokers I would not put in those ashtrays. I spend more time cleaning out ashes from my table every time we play and the ashtrays are no where near the table. Ashes always end in up in every crack and gets way too messy. Not to mention cleaning the ash off the dominos as well. Just my 2 cents.

The table is really looking good and you did a great job with it.

edited for spelling.

Light this! said:

If you plan on playing often with a bunch of cigar smokers I would not put in those ashtrays. I spend more time cleaning out ashes from my table every time we play and the ashtrays are no where here the table. Ashes always end in up in every crack and gets way too messy. Just my 2 cents.

The table is really looking good and you did a great job with it.
Well the holes are already there and need to be filled with something. The trays are removable so they can be dumped out. I see what you mean with the ash but I guess that's part of the battle... Lol

ironpeddler said:
Very nice Paul, can't wait to see it in person.

BTW...You need to go back to work bro.
I know now I'm planning a built in book shelf for the wife... Cabin fever is killing me and the Home Depot credit card! Lol
tomthirtysix said:
 Well the holes are already there and need to be filled with something.

Words to live by.
I knew one of you would turn that around... Lol

That table looks amazing with the second coat of epoxy.

You probably should have drilled out the cigar rests before you did the epoxy.  Drilling through that epoxy might be a bit of a pain, mostly due to the possibility of chipping/cracking around the hole.

Back