• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuvee Rouge Churchill

sgates

Cuvee is a new cigar from Cusano - who I have had an alright experience with in the past. The Cusano Corojo is a nice cigar, but that is about all I really enjoy from their line, but in researching the Cuvee, they have hopefully put the time and effort necessary into blending a cigar that isn't just another higher priced cigar with a new funky name to benefit from recent trends of higher priced sticks.

The Cuvee has the white lable (connecticut shade), the black label (strongest of the bunch), and then the red label (which is a sungrown wrapper). Cigar sites reference the rouge label as... " Cuvee Rouge is an exquisite blend of tobaccos consisting of bold, Dominican-grown Cubano Piloto and Criollo leaves inside a choice sun-grown Dominican wrapper."

The wrapper was a nice Colorado color with a prominent vein running the length of the cigar (not unattractive) with a nicely applied cap. The wrapper didn't have any real gloss to it per se, but gave off a nice deep tobacco aroma pre-light. Clipping the cigar, the draw was perfect and there was just a hint of spice on the lips.

img355.jpg

Initial light created billows of smoke & the initial profile was of sweet tobacco (real sweet) and some nice light spices.

img356.jpg

The ash held well and the burn was straight. The aroma, just like the flavor, was sweet and aromatic. This really was a nice cigar to sit around and let waft around you to keep enjoying it between puffs.

img357.jpg

The flavor profile kept the same from the beginning to the middle of the cigar - which was certainly nice, but not really complex. The burn was still relatively straight and didn't require any touch ups as of yet.

img358.jpg

The cigar is still keeping the same flavor, which is nice, but gets pretyt monotonous in a churchill sized cigar.

img359.jpg

Overall, my impressions of this cigar are that it is a well constructed, quality stick that doesn't have all that much complexity to it. It was a medium bodied cigar that didn't have that much oomph to it. I can compare the profile of this cigar to a Fuente sun grown, with the same sweet profile and great aroma. I think this is a good cigar, but I would like to try the other sizes to see if they offer up any more complexity than the churchill size. I have heard that the salomone is worth the effort & may give that a shot next.

Seth :thumbs:

Thanks for the review, i picked up some robustos and have to agree, nice sweet tobacco taste but it's a one note wonder, good for the links.