• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cx2 Robusto

pierce652

Purchased three Cx2's last week. Two robustos and one toro for $10 and $11 respectively. Ive enjoyed the CAO line so far and had high hopes for these especially since there is something about Cameroon that I dig.

The construction was great with no soft spots, a nice smooth medium brown wrapper with no large veins and a nice cap. The cigar stayed firm throughout the smoke. The prelight draw was somewhere between medium and light but wasnt bad at all, just lighter than the other CAO's Ive had. Toasted the foot and lit it up.

First impression...was expecting a "wow" and got a "hmmm." There was no bang of flavor, no big billow of smoke but I settled in for a relaxing smoke nonetheless. There was more of an aroma of cameroon rather than a taste which I found strange since this was a cameroon wrapper and binder. Guess I was figuring on a ton of cameroon flavor to the smoke.

The burn was fairly even with only a slight uneven spell early on but this corrected itself. The ash was white and not too firm with a little flakeness to it.

At the half way point the flavor and smoke increased somewhat but still not enough in my opinion. Smoked it down to less than an inch without any bitterness or sourness comming out. From start to finish it lasted an hour, but I tend to be a slowpoke.

Final impression was that Im not overly impressed. Was figuring on a cameroon equilivant of a Mx2 but didnt get it and for the price I dont think Im gonna break my neck to get more. Id rather stick with the Italia's, Brazilias, or Criollo's, more flavor and they are cheaper.

Thanks for the review. I had a similar "meh" experience but with a CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Corona (not in the tin) that I picked up at the local cigar shop which did nothing for me. CAO seems to be hit and miss and as I experiment with different cigars I think I'll stay with the Brazilia line for now.

Thanks for the review.

I found them to burn very slow and very evenly. The robusto lasted over an hour.

Flavor wise it starts off very mellow and gets going a little bit past halfway. For me, it doesn't have enough flavor. It is however a good cigar, that I will smoke again when I am looking for something on the medium side.

Thanks for the review. At that price point I expect to be thrilled. I am going to have to try at least one.

Forgot to mention that, they are up there in price for what you are getting IMO.

I've got a few of these in the humi that I haven't gotten around to yet. I'll have to try them for myself. Thanks for the review