• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dallas Clapton Crossroads Festival

FullMoonFrenzy

:thumbs: I am involved in the first Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival and Guitar Village Vintage Exhibition starting in an hour at State Fair Park Dallas.
The immense amount of equipment moving into this festival even shocked me.
I have watched an entire network of stages, lights, pa's equipment being installed, and truck after truck of TV News Crews from all over the world. This will get national media coverage as every one of the networks have crews here. I am event/exhibition planner logistics transportation in and out for the show and guitar village and collections. I have been up to my ears in geeetarzzz.
The performers line up is as follows so watch for Big D and Eric C on the news!!
Styx, Luther Tatum, Nuno Bettencourt, George Luynch, Johnny A, Johnny Lang, Rambling Jack Elliot, Roscoe Beck, Greg Koch, jon Calarco, Mike Cross, Skunky Baxter, Eric Johnson, Wishwa Mohan Bhatt, Andy Timmons,Johnny Winters,Doyle Bramhall 2, and 3.., JJ Cale, John Mayer, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph, Jimmie Vaughn, Johnny A, Vince Gill, Del Castillo, Booker T, Bo Diddly, Joe Walsh, Neal Schon, Buddy guy, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, ZZ TOp, James Taylor, Pat Methany...woooohoooooo guitar slinger city, alot of strings are gonna be broken, and I wish I had that concession....LOL....happy weekend one and all, look for red head in Red safari type hat with a zebra skin band and a big stogie in her mouth, thats me!! FMF :thumbs:

Full moon 6/3

WATCH OUT

:0

Blue Moon in August

DOUBLE WATCH OUT

:0 :0

FullMoonFrenzy said:
JJ Cale, John Mayer, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph, Jimmie Vaughn, Johnny A, Vince Gill, Del Castillo, Booker T, Bo Diddly, Joe Walsh, Neal Schon, Buddy guy, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, ZZ TOp, James Taylor,
Buddy Guy; he's so good, you had to put him on the bill twice. :)

On one of those 9/11 concerts back in 01, (not sure what one it was) but the best set I saw that nite was when Buddy Guy and Clapton hooked up. It was pure blues power.

Crossroads is still my favorite Clapton song and one of the best live song ever. Its hard to believe that it was only a bass, drum and guitar producing that sound. But, it was a supergroup.

Great Job FullMoon,
I saw some of the concert tonite (sbcyahoo had a webcast) and it was awsome, and it was for a great cause.

I can only dream of attending this. Perhaps a pay per view event? ;)

Ever see the movie Blues Brothers 2000? I still dream of a chance to witness that talent on one stage LIVE.

I cant even begin to tell you how awesome the Crossroads Festival was.
Saturday night Clapton threw a private concert for the exhibitors and manufacturers that were involved. It was outside, the weather was great! It was at 8pm as the sun started going down Jonny Lang started it off and then John Mayer joined him, then Clapton, Buddy Guy, and BB King...then Jimmy Vaughn wandered onstage, then Herbi Johnson, Doyle Bramhall II, and Robert Cray, it was wild. They did every song any of them ever did in their own bands and then tributes to our lost guitarslinger and brother of Jimmy Vaughns, Stevie Ray Vaughn! They did a bunch of his songs, and then climaxed with an all star cast of songs by Clapton, including Crossroads!! Sunday night was the biggie stage at Cottonbowl, and all of the above plus Carlos Santana, and Jeff Beck and more than I can even remember now. When Santana came onstage he said Eric Clapton is doing this for a great cause, he is trying to heal the world, unlike Bush! Lightning covered the skies, and the stadium was full and an quiet hush went overt he crowd and you could feel electricity in the air, and he started jamming...everyone I talked to, said the lightning starting at that moment sent chills up their spines like it did mine....heck I thought I was standing on a live wire!! It was magical, spiritual, and very moving show.......Texas sure can throw a great festival, but heck I am biased!! It was a once in a lifetime show and now that its over I am so glad I was part of this historical musical moment! I will remember these events for a lifetime. :thumbs: