• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DAMN that Groundhog!

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
So at around 6:45am here in NH like every morning I head out on the porch to carry some wood into the house. As I step out on the porch in my slippers, shorts and t-shirt expecting it to be a little chilly I am surprised by the nice cool almost spring feel in the air. I take a couple deep breaths of this refreshing air while i notice that the birds are back chirping while flying from tree to tree and know spring is not to far away. If you are from a similar climate area you know what I am talking about there is just a deistic feel in the air when the seasons start to change. Yea it could snow 2 feet tomorrow but that feeling will only be stronger once the snow starts to melt. 

Then I sit on my couch with a cup of tea and see what our little buddy Punxsutawney Phil is up to this loving morning. As I type into Google I can't help but to think that with how Spring like it is here that little bastard shouldn't have seen his shadow spring must be on the way!

Then I see this...
pic.jpg

winter.jpg

Damn that little shit!

So like last year I want to know what your "signs of spring" are?

My Signs of Spring:
1. MLB Spring training 
2. My birthday and this year is a big one!
3. A local clam shack open for the season.

Please share.
Paul

Damn ground hog is right. Those are the exact words that were heard in my house today as well. Damn you!

Phil's handlers lied. According to the Weatherman on WMUR, there's no way that fuggin' whistlepig saw his shadow. It was cloudy in PA this AM.
Signs of Spring? When the sap begins to run.

Doc

I want some good snow where we're at.  I don't want just icy rain, and slop.

So I'm more pissed that 4square didn't have a groundhog day badge this year wtf.

Ok, let me get this straight.........If he doesn't see his shadow we have 6 more weeks of winter.  If he does, then we have to wait 42 more days. :whistling:

After snow blowing and shoveling a foot of snow if I see a damn groundhog in my yard I'm going to shoot him! 

Light this! said:
After snow blowing and shoveling a foot of snow if I see a damn groundhog in my yard I'm going to shoot him! 

Yea we got hit hard. I'm really hopping that the storm chatter for Sunday is just that... chatter!

Paul

I am not sure the weather forecasters do any better than the groundhog.  We have gotten horrid snow twice this winter and the 2nd time was day before yesterday where we got 3 1/2 inches in less than 2 hours.  Now I hate southern summers, but this is nuts. 

SweetMelissa said:
I am not sure the weather forecasters do any better than the groundhog.  We have gotten horrid snow twice this winter and the 2nd time was day before yesterday where we got 3 1/2 inches in less than 2 hours.  Now I hate southern summers, but this is nuts. 
That's cool, I think still it's funny the south shuts down over 2-4 inches of snow. Here in Denver we're lucky if we even get a snow delayed start, even though 2-4 inches is a SOB to commute in!