• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dave (4cbIn3) Has Redefined Being a BOTL

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
Dave, let me give you an idea of what sort of an impact this gift you sent meant to us all. I think your hope was to brighten everyone's day who is close to me and has felt so down since Sandy hit us here in Toms River...so let me tell you that you succeeded in every way imaginable. You have gone way above & beyond my friend.

Guys, I won't insult what Dave did by calling it a bomb, what he did was send an incredible message of positive thoughts and prayers from so far away. We don't normally describe what a person sends when they do this sort of thing...but I'm making an exception because the CP Community needs to know just what kind of man Dave is. He sent 2 large boxes from his home state of EVERYTHING Hawaiian. Macadamia nuts in all sorts of coatings and flavors. Bags hard candies, dried fruits, sour treats, boxes coconut balls, jars of flavor coated popcorn, and numerous packages of coffee. Oh, he even managed to squeeze in some of the most expensive cigars that Cuba produces today.

He enclosed a note that really hit home and frankly is too emotional to share. All he requested is that I share what he sent with the folks around our house to bring a little cheer where there is so much despair. Dave, this morning as the excavator got to our block and started picking up all our ruined possessions and filling truck after truck as each homeowner watched, I went out there and gave them one of your gifts. Six families have now been the beneficiary of your kindness...and there will be more. There were a lot of smiles as they opened up what you gave them right then & there and shared it with their group. Pretty cool stuff to see as the conversation turned from unhappy to happy.

PICKUPDay2.jpg

From the bottom of my heart, I can't thank you enough for your kindness...and my neighbors thank you too!

Your thoughts and prayers came through loud clear from thousands of miles away....mission accomplished my friend.

Boy, I can imagine. I got hit with one of his Dept of Tourism bombs and it wasn't even raining, so yours must have been X-tra special.

Doc

Nice one Dave! Hope to meet you when we go to the islands next year. :)

Great job Dave, you're a good man. Gary, that's karma for being the stand up gentleman that you are.
Ian

Dave is one hell of a man, and I'm honored to call him a friend.

Just say when and I. am. there. We don't have cigar lounges, but smoking a cigar on the beach while watching the water is good therapy!

<in my best cowboy voice> 'tweren't nothin' :blush:
As for you, Gary, I realized you are the type that would never tell me when the postal system was working regularly so I had to take a gamble and hope it reached you. Then, I find out the day I shipped it you guys had ANOTHER storm coming in, PLUS freezing temps. I normally wouldn't have put my addy on the box so it would have been fun to watch you figure it out, but with things the way they are, fun and games were out the door. I'm happy it helped take some of the edge off of having to sort through years of memories that's going into the rubbish can, I'm still in awe at the photos people are posting about what happened to them.

We have a saying here on the islands, Aloha spirit, and it means many different things. The best way to practice it is to share what we have, no matter who they are to us. I like living that way.

Keep us posted when you can, I see that the neighborhood looks a lot better than the other previous pics, that is a LOT of hard work everyone has done.

As for you, Gary, I realized you are the type that would never tell me when the postal system was working regularly so I had to take a gamble and hope it reached you. Then, I find out the day I shipped it you guys had ANOTHER storm coming in, PLUS freezing temps. I normally wouldn't have put my addy on the box so it would have been fun to watch you figure it out, but with things the way they are, fun and games were out the door. I'm happy it helped take some of the edge off of having to sort through years of memories that's going into the rubbish can, I'm still in awe at the photos people are posting about what happened to them.

We have a saying here on the islands, Aloha spirit, and it means many different things. The best way to practice it is to share what we have, no matter who they are to us. I like living that way.

Keep us posted when you can, I see that the neighborhood looks a lot better than the other previous pics, that is a LOT of hard work everyone has done.

Dave,

This is what separates this community from ant other, and you from so many in this community. We have great people here to be sure, but your thoughtfulness reached beyond the "walls" of this Cigar Community and into a Community that needed a hand when it was down.

You Sir, are a Class act!

Tim

Dave,

This is what separates this community from ant other, and you from so many in this community. We have great people here to be sure, but your thoughtfulness reached beyond the "walls" of this Cigar Community and into a Community that needed a hand when it was down.

You Sir, are a Class act!

Tim

Thanks Tim, this wasn't a "look at me" gesture, but as I was telling WKOTI, might as well make the shipping worthwhile. :laugh: CP has been with me through good times and sad times, and I never forgot how it made me feel to see a supporting post from someone I've never met. PIF was an acronym I learned here, so the person who I blame is Rod because he allows it to happen regularly :sign:

As for the rest of you guys that have been on the receiving end of my Aloha spirit, YOU DESERVED IT! :angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[sup]Dave, you are and always will be top notch. Nicely done. [/sup]

Amazing show of friendship and humanity. This is more than just an internet message board...

I may not have been as active as I used to be for a while now; however I still love this place and this is the reason why...not just a place...but just amazing folks like Dave, Gary, and so many others that make it. Just awesome Dave...awesome.

Gary...hope to talk to you soon brother!

This is so touching that it brings a tear to the eye, the brotherhood & sisterhood here is truly amazing.
Dave you are a bloody legend, may the gods smile upon you and yours

Awesome thing to do Dave. I've been on the receiving end of Dave's generosity as well and it is humbling.

Man, I got goosebumps reading this. What an awesome gesture and truly the spirit that this place stands for.

Dave, if I ever make it to that island you deserve a handshake!