• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Culebras

Golfanatic

The Biggest Newbie on CP
rev7.jpg

So a B&M near my house has these for $56. Is that a good deal? Sounds a little ridiculous to me, but they do come in these keen looking coffins.

Just my opinion, but I think if you're asking this question...you already know the answer.

$56 is a lotta $$, at least in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but I think if you're asking this question...you already know the answer.

yeah you're right, I was just making sure that these weren't uber rare and something I should jump on at this time.

yeah you're right, I was just making sure that these weren't uber rare and something I should jump on at this time.

Never jump on anything if you have no idea around what the MSRP is (take it from experience). Second, there are not to many cigars out there that I would drop 56 bucks rare or not. just my thought. But I think you did the right thing, Checking in with some that know about it first, that is something I failed to do in the past.

David

Davidoff did have a Special C culebra. It was discontinued a year or so ago. After a short leave, it was brought back, I *think* as a different cigar. I do know that these "new" Davidoff culebras are going for more than the original Special c ever did. Around $50 seems to be what they are these days. The "old" ones were around $30.

Is it worth it? up to you.

My B&M which I feel has good prices has the same ones for a price real close to that.

They're worth it if you have 2 other buddies who would want to split. It becomes much more reasonable at that point.

I did this for graduation last year with some friends -- they are a nice novelty and smoked very well. I liked mine a lot, but I wouldn't spend $ on them again.

When you get to the point that you have to stop and say "is it worth it?"...like Aaron said, you already know the answer.

But I know what you mean, you see it...it looks great...you would like to have one...but the price stops you dead in your tracks! That sucks. The problem is?...you know it will smoke smooth and taste nice...but for that amount of money...it better!

I have one of the original ones from a year or so ago that I haven't smoked yet...and paid about $25, I THINK...maybe I blocking out what I really paid :whistling:

I still picked up a special C about 2 weeks ago for $28 I think. Twice that amount? I'd never pay for a single culebra....unless it was one with FFOX Forbidden X Lanceros :love:

The two appointed Davidoff vendors that I frequent with have them for $48.

Doc.

Thanks guys I believe I will just stick to the cheap stuff I like and only blow my money on over priced Opus/Anejos at the B&Ms

These used to be around $30-$35. They dropped them from the market for a year or so, and now they are $50-55? ??? I've had them before, and like others, it's nice to split between people, but on it's own, I'd probably pass. I always thought $31 at my B&M was high, when I saw $56 a while back, I started laughing and thought, "They can keep it!".

These used to be around $30-$35. They dropped them from the market for a year or so, and now they are $50-55? ??? I've had them before, and like others, it's nice to split between people, but on it's own, I'd probably pass. I always thought $31 at my B&M was high, when I saw $56 a while back, I started laughing and thought, "They can keep it!".

The new culebras are a different size. The old Special C was 6.5 x 33, while the new ones (not sure if they're called Special C anymore) are 5.75 x 39. So...thicker, but shorter. For what it's worth.

I grabbed some awhile back for 30.... so yea 56 is way to high at least to me.

I've spent more than that on a single cigar. If I had the money, I'd buy one just so I could try it. 3 cigars for $56 is nothing to what I have paid for others. My review of the CFCF 2005 box cost me more than you would be able to bear. :laugh:

It's not 3 sticks though, it's 3 twisted up sticks in a culebra, it's not like 3 epic smokes.

A buddy of mine bought two coffins last night for around 58 a piece. I was stunned since you can get a 3 coffin box of Partagas Culebras for that price and they're a great smoke for 3 buddies to warm up with. Like the pre-cigar at a HERF.

He seemed to think that they were heavily aged tobacco from the late 90's early 2000's. It makes sense in that case, but is still crazy. But, I haven't seen anything confirming that so I don't think it's true? Anyone else think that's crazy talk?

In any case, I might buy a box at some point, in fact probably will. At 386 a box at least you get 8 coffins. And it's something you can lay down in your humidor for years and pull out every once in awhile when it's just the three of you.

I saw these at my local for 59. I actually laughed out loud when he told me the price. I'll pass on that.

I do like davidoff cigars and the coffin is very nice...but you can't smoke it.

I saw these at my local for 59. I actually laughed out loud when he told me the price. I'll pass on that.

I do like davidoff cigars and the coffin is very nice...but you can't smoke it.

Why can't you?