• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Robusto Intenso

Marito

Just finsihed my first Robusto Intenso, the 2005 LE from Davidoff. I picked up a box of 10 for $150.00 just a few days ago. This is a very nice smoke; I would rate it above the Robusto Real (the 2004 LE, which was a bit mild for my taste) and below the Panetella Extra (the 2003 LE, which is a great smoke IMHO). I am a big fan of the Millenium series, especially the Robusto and more recently, thanks to posts here, of the petit corona. The 2005 LE is definately a different blend. Accoring to the literature in the box, there are 6 different leaves in this stick, including a 3-year old, double fermented (whatever that means) Ecuador wrapper.

I punched the end, sparked the foot, and noticed a huge amount of smoke and a near perfect draw. No complaints on construction here as it burned [perfect all the way. The first half inch the stick was mild, but it warmed a bit and developed a nice mildly spicy flavor, a bit like a Millenium but muted. If my pallate is on, I tasted citrus and licorice, underneath a spicy nutty dominance. Not as strong or flavorful as a Millenium, but a very nice afternoon smoke with a good kick. Perhaps with a little age these will become even more complex, as that is what separates them from the Panetlla Extra and Millenium.

Timely review, I was wondering about these! Thanks Marito...