• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Scottish Mixture

Cooke

I bought a tin of Davidoff Scottish this week and after a couple smokes, I feel confident on reviewing it.

Right off, the tin has a very nice look. It looks like it would be expensive but it was an average $10. Popping the seal, you get a sudden burst of plum and maybe raisin. This was a shock to me because it is advertised as a Scottish blend with a spritz of "rare scotch whiskey". The plum smell was almost a turn off for me; it doesn't smell like something I would want to smoke.

Out of the tin, the moisture feels just right. It doesn't have the sticky, moist feel that I get from my tin of Peterson Old Dublin. It lit extremely easily and burned consistently through the whole bowl.

The flavor of this blend is a lot more mild than I would have expected from a Scottish blend. According to Davidoff, this blend contains Burley, Kentucky, Oriental, and Virginia leaf. However, the only thing I could taste was a light Virginia. Thankfully, the full plum scent does not transfer to the palate. The flavoring is very mild and comes across as a raisin with a touch of whiskey. But, it is extremely mild. The flavor was very enjoyable for a night out in a gazebo during a nice spring rain.

The room-note from this blend is much more enjoyable than the actual taste. The people I was with while smoking absolutely loved the smell. They couldn't put their finger on the smell, but they all enjoyed it.

From the name of this tobacco, I would have expected a much stronger flavor. Maybe it is just because I associate Scottish as being equivalent of English. However, this seemed more like a Danish blend. After reading some reviews that agreed with this assumption, I took a quick peek at the tin and noticed that it is blended in Denmark.

All in all, that really doesn't matter. This was a very nice aromatic that I am glad I have. If you haven't tried this, I would recommend picking some up. It is a very good aromatic that doesn't overpower on the palate.