• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DC Herf?

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
It seams like there are a bunch of new people in the DC area who just joined up, and there are several people from the DC area who haven't had time to Herf together in the last few months, so i think we should try get as many of us together to share a smoke or two as our schedules will allow. Shelley's is usually the go to spot, but with football season upon us, i can see how space could be an issue. I propose meeting on one of the following Saturdays: Dec. 8th, or 15th. at either Shelley's or Ozio (the only other cigar bar in DC, its in the Dupont neighborohood next Porters and Camelot). I'm looking forward to meeting the newer guys and getting caught up with the older guys. So what works for y'all?

I dunno about the other DC newb... but the 8th and the 15th are right in study days, and then right in exam days for me, and I bet him being at GW it's a similar situation. Lemmie check exactly and get back, but I doubt anything like that's doable for me :(
Chris

I might be up for a DC HERF, however, December is a tough month for me, especially the weekends, with family events etc. Not to mention I've heard since the smoking ban, Shelly's is a nightmare to relax and enjoy a few smokes. I'm not at all familiar with Ozio. Sorry, however, if you set a date, I might be able to work it in... ??? I just can't commit to a date at this point???

Well, what ever works for you guys. Since we dont have a Smoking Ban deadline to beat, we can always do this in Jan once things settle down for folks.

I am interested. Hell I am downtown everyday until the 22nd. And Shelly's is only a couple of blocks away. Pick a day and I will do my best to be there.

Well Hawk, let me hit the office on monday and toss out some dates. If others can make it then great but I'll also look for some dates in jan once we get closer to that month.

December 8 should be good for me - depending on the time (I may be early or late). I probably will be out of town on the 15th.

8th in all honesty is looking better and better for me!
I've really been puttin' pedal to the metal and gettin' my work done.
Chris

I'd personally prefer something later. Mainly cause I like smoking at night more than the day. But I'll try for anything.
Chris

Are going somewhere that traditionally has food? If so maybe like 5:00, smoke, have some diner, talk, smoke more? Something like that?
Like I said, I'm up for anything if I can make it. So I'll just try and do as I'm told.
Chris

Ok, Shelley’s at 2pm, mainly because I have commitments later that night and it will go on for a little bit b/c it’s a democracy damnit and the fun does not stop when I do! Verhoevc, we will be the big group, I hope, in Shelley’s. Shelley's has good food and good drinks. Look for me; I'm 6'1 260lbs, somewhat blond hair probably inder a red Benz hat and a grotesque mustache.

I have a question to ask. Does anyone going to this herf have any of the regular mundane style cigar boxes (think RyJs, La Gloria, just regular boxes) lying around that they wanna get rid of? They'd be much appreciated for storage of my singles.
Also, where is this Shelley's near any particular metro station?
Chris

Shelly's is a block and a half from Metro Center on F st. between 13th and 14. There is a stop light in the middle of the block Shelly's is right there. I am going to do my best to be there at 2pm I may be a little later.

If you need empty boxes stop by Drapers they should have plenty. I have a bunch so if I remember I will bring you some.

Does anyone want a CP hat? I can bring them when I come. PM me for the price.

D

Guys - I'm still sick from last week. I just assumed my cold would go away by now as I was feeling better but I'm feeling worse than ever. I'm not going to make it tomorrow. I still have refused antibiotics to this point and in retrospect that may have been a poor decision.

Guys - I'm still sick from last week. I just assumed my cold would go away by now as I was feeling better but I'm feeling worse than ever. I'm not going to make it tomorrow. I still have refused antibiotics to this point and in retrospect that may have been a poor decision.
Come-on! How can you let your cold dictate to you when you can smoke cigars? You need to show your cold your Arnold avaitor and let it know that your numero uno! :laugh:

Should be at shelly's on the 14th.... Dennis i will give ya call this week, we need to hook up if possible.