• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Deadwood

coventrycat86 said:
I never heard of it.  What network is it on ?
[snapback]183690[/snapback]​

Can't ANY of you fuggen idiots answer my question? It's not a real difficult one, is it?

coventrycat86 said:
coventrycat86 said:

Can't ANY of you fuggen idiots answer my question? It's not a real difficult one, is it?
[snapback]183814[/snapback]​

Hmmm, a quick google search on "Deadwood" pulled up HBO. That is if you skip the other pages about CC and his prowess :laugh:

coventrycat86 said:
coventrycat86 said:

[snapback]183814[/snapback]​
i think its HBO. i've never seen it, though.

Thanks Drake :thumbs:

I don't have HBO therefore I've never heard of it. Do THAT many people actually subscribe to HBO?

I pay $105.00/month for internet and just basic goddam cable TV. No friggin' way am I going to spend an extra $15.00 to $20.00 for EACH additional movie channel.

And I'm not one who watches very little televsions either, I enjoy the networks and basic cable but I can't see how it's worth it for THAT many people to subscribe to HBO. ???

coventrycat86 said:
Thanks Drake :thumbs:

I don't have HBO therefore I've never heard of it. Do THAT many people actually subscribe to HBO?

I pay $105.00/month for internet and just basic goddam cablet. No friggin' way am I going to spend an extra $15.00 to $20.00 for EACH additional movie channel.

And I'm not one who watches very little televsions either, I enjoy the networks and basic cable but I can't see how it's worth it for THAT many people to subscribe to HBO. ???
[snapback]183818[/snapback]​
all i use my tv for is a dvd player and my gamecube. i don't have cable or even bunny ears. i just never watch tv. i abuse the hell out of net flix, though.

"It's not tv, it's HBO"

Home Box Office rocks. I couldn't live without it. Too many great show. I'd cancel in a minute if not as they are about as far to the left as you can go politically speaking :(

HBO is $16/month. CC you should call and complain. Basic cable shouldnt be more than $35, and broadband is $30/month. Unless you have ISDN lines or something. DSL is even cheaper. If you call and complain they'll lower the internet price, I've been doing it for 4 years.

It's worth $16 a month to me. A movie ticket here is $9.50 and a rental is $4. It doesnt take much to make up the difference.

rknicker said:
HBO is $16/month. CC you should call and complain. Basic cable shouldnt be more than $35, and broadband is $30/month. Unless you have ISDN lines or something. DSL is even cheaper. If you call and complain they'll lower the internet price, I've been doing it for 4 years.

It's worth $16 a month to me. A movie ticket here is $9.50 and a rental is $4. It doesnt take much to make up the difference.
[snapback]183823[/snapback]​

I probably should have said basic cable + extended (CNN, MSNBC, CourtTV, History Channel, Discover, etc.) which is almost $60.00/month. We only have one choice of cable companies. The lowest internet service is $40.00/month. They talked me into some extra movie "STARZ" package or something when I received a telemarketing call six months ago for an extra $5.00/month. I have YET to even look at one of those channels so I'm just about ready to can that deal.

I mostly watch the networks, CourtTV and quite a few of the programming on the "extended" service. Those I feel I could not live without, HBO I definitely can live without. My favorites are:
All the CSIs (Las Vegas, Miami & NY)
All the "Law & Order" ones except SVU.
Without a Trace
Cold Case
Desperate Housewives (this show is hilarious)
NYPD Blue (even though it's done now, CourtTV has the reruns :thumbs: )
Just about anything on Court TV like Forensic Files, North Mission Road, The Investigators, etc.
I love it when TNT or USA run the James Bond marathons around the holidays.
Old movies on A&E, Turner Classic, etc.
Not so old movies on TBS, USA, FX, WB, etc.

I fell into the same trap with Starz once. Makes sense that they spell it with a Z. B list? Nah, this crap iz da Z list mang.

Deadwood has similar plots to CourtTV, CSI, and L&O. Not so much on the Bond. Someone is getting shot, slandered, sliced, malpracticed (is that a verb?), defrauded, deflowered, drunk in Pub-Lic, or otherwise contesting a statute every couple minutes. The lack of lawyers means it's less talk and more people lying on the ground in small heaps.

Every sunday night!!
Wish E.B. would get shot or something!!

I'd like to see Dan and Trixie The Whore get married and have kids, their children would no doubt have a colorful vocabulary.

Santino said:
I'd like to see Dan and Trixie The Whore get married and have kids, their children would no doubt have a colorful vocabulary.
[snapback]183864[/snapback]​

And ace Star out of his new girlfriend!!?? No Way!! :0 :D

Sorry CC, I was sure you were just kidding about what channel it's on. :blush:

HBO has SO many good series on it. DEadwood is great. Sopranos was great. Band of Brothers was great. OZ was pretty dang good. Lots of great series. That new one this fall,, Rome I think, that looks good as well. I think HBO is well worth the extra cost. Plus they used to have more good boxing then they have here lately.

Deadwood is the only reason I subscribe to HBO. I do have to TIVO it so I can play it back to understand certain story lines. Wolcott and the guy that shot Hitchcock are the same actor. Its a real good Sunday after church show :D

Tuxindy said:
Wolcott and the guy that shot Hitchcock are the same actor. Its a real good Sunday after church show :D
[snapback]183918[/snapback]​

That is what the wife and I have been thinking. I am just suprised none of the other characters on the show have realized it yet. I think Doc suspects something about him after checking him over when Charlie gave him a beating.

I hope in the end he, Wolcott, takes Sy to the pigs.

DOH :rolleyes: That is the reason for the confusion but my thick head has to wonder if there isn't something else going on by using the same actor for two characters?

lucasbuck said:
Same actor, not the same character :rolleyes:
[snapback]184035[/snapback]​

:laugh: It is kind of strange. You have to admit though, the guy has chops.