• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dealt with ebay?

AdriftPanda

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with ebay as far as purchasing a humidor? I'm in the market for a 300-400 count humidor and the prices are just so cheap and that's what worries me.

And no, I've looked into a coolidor but it's just not something I would want. Thanks guys.

You get what you pay for. Ill be the first to say get a cooler

I bought one from eBay and it was junk, junk, junk, I tell you.
300-400 count usually means it can hold 150 maybe.

You say you do not want a coolidor. We say you do. Who do you think is right?

Go the cooler route. It may not be the prettiest thing to look at, but you'll be glad you did!

The forum has spoken!

My buddy just got a 300 count humi from Tampa Humidor cheaper than he could find it on Ebay. Nice looking and seals well, actually better than I thought it would....

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with ebay as far as purchasing a humidor? I'm in the market for a 300-400 count humidor and the prices are just so cheap and that's what worries me.

And no, I've looked into a coolidor but it's just not something I would want. Thanks guys.

If your looking for something that looks better. You could go the route of a wineador.

i agree you should get a coolidor but if you want a humidoir i have this one and would highly recommend it. humidor

I bought one on EBAY from a guy who no longer was using his. I got a great deal and made sure to ask alot of questions and the guy was great to deal with. I have not had any problems at all.

I used to want a nice, well made, tight fitting, 300-400 count humi too.

A nice, well made, tight fitting, 300-400 count cooler is 1/10 the cost, store your cigars in their own boxes, and is more at home in the basement than the beautiful wood humi.

I'm sure a smaller vinotemp would look nice, just get an 18 or 21 bottle instead of the 28 bottle version.

Go the cooler route. It may not be the prettiest thing to look at, but you'll be glad you did!

The forum has spoken!

Lol you're right, the forum has spoken. leaning towards it now

Here - let me give you the shove you need to quit leaning...

Don't go cheap with the Humidor. How it's built (materials, construction, etc.), and (more importantly) how it seals are huge. Typical cheap eBay humidors lack both.

If you're going to go cheap - go all the way!!! Do a cooler. Best money you'll ever spend.

I bought a 200 ct. from Tampa Humidors off e-bay.
It's a good humi which now sits in my Vinotemp with some other boxes.

I say you need both. A pretty one to smoke out of and impress your friends and a coolidor to store and age boxes.

Doc.

If you want a humidor (and I can't blame you, I've had more than a few) I wouldn't get one off ebay. There are too many quality online retailers that you could purchase from that I'm sure you'll get much better customer service from than some random person on ebay.

Having said that, my past 3 humidors I've bought were off ebay but that was before I found many of the websites I know now.

I was much like you a few months ago. I found a plethora of humidor sites by doing a quick google search & I believe I later found these 2 to be rated positively by members here. Good deals at each (esp. in the imperfects):

Cubancrafters.com
Cheaphumidors.com

But in the end I went the route of a cooler due to the cost/quality/size ratio. What really sealed the deal for me was when I began thinking about the storage location of the humidor. I didn't want to leave it on a shelf or table somewhere which is subject to sunlight & temperature changes from outside walls - I was going to put it in a cabinet or the basement anyway so I decided the aesthetics weren't necessary for me. I then picked up a 48qt. for $20 & several empty cedar boxes (which I can remove from the cooler for guests so they are never the wiser) from my B&M & I am happy as a clam with all the space I have & the free, pretty boxes that my cigars reside in. (Thank you Cigarpass!).

Many of regular humidor retailers have ebay accounts as well. Tampa Humidor had an ebay humidor priced $5 less than their retail site. When I called, they were happy to give me the ebay price. Just spend some time looking at who's who.