• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Decent, inexpensive cigar recommendation

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
Reaction score
My grandsons have come to love cigars and want to buy their own. They gave me a list of things I gave them that they liked, but they didn't like the price.

I'd appreciate recommendations for decent cigars in the $3-$4 range (if there is such a thing anymore)

I started out on Chillin’ Moose by Foundry. It’s a surprisingly decent stick. They’re around $3 every day online, but keep an eye on Da Page and they can be had for closer to $2…

Katman Review

My grandsons have come to love cigars and want to buy their own. They gave me a list of things I gave them that they liked, but they didn't like the price.

I'd appreciate recommendations for decent cigars in the $3-$4 range (if there is such a thing anymore)
Hey noob, read more, post less as we have an entire thread dedicated to $3 sticks.

My recommendation is the La Finca where you can get 91 sticks for about 140.

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2024​

Jan 2, 2024

What's on the list?

Hey noob, read more, post less as we have an entire thread dedicated to $3 sticks.

Jan 2, 2024
Hmmmph, I often wondered what you guys talked about in that thread.

My go to for a superbly made, super tasty but cheap cigar back in the day was always Torano---the Exodus 1959 especially, but also the Signature & Virtuoso. The Virtuoso was an incredible smoke, but it was a little more & never made in large quantities, so it was harder to find.

Torano sold to General in 2014 & General does NOT seem to be carrying on with their traditional lines, but you can still find most sizes of the Exodus & Casa Torano at places like CI & *cough* Thompson in the $5 a stick range.

~Boar

AF Curly Head Deluxe Natural, can be found for close to 100$ for a box of 40
Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project can be found on sale all the time
Nica Libre, both the original and the sun grown are great
Also keep an eye on CP for sales of Oliva 2nd's, can't beat that deal

Jan 2, 2024

FUCK YES! Way to go Joe!! I was so excited to respond with a post like that, BUT I am even more excited to see YOU make that response, I can't believe it, I am so proud!!

Laugh all you want, but the Factory Smoke Robusto in Maduro gets smoked around here now and then. Just not horrible for $1.80-ish.
I third this suggestion. Maduros are great. Connie is not bad, either, if the kids are into lighter smokes. The sun grown, however, totally let me down. YMMV

So I have a suggestion. For now if they want a smoke they should visit grandpa who will gladly help them with developing their pallets. Once that’s done cigarpage sales are their friend

Can you still get Dutch Masters?
THey were my very first cigar, I thought my grandfather smoke them, turns out he chewed them...