• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Define 'Super Expensive'

How much is 'super expensive' for a cigar

• $5-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $10-14

• $15-19

• $20-24

• $25-29

• $30-39

• $40-49

• $50-99

• $100+

• Total voters

Inthacup

This term came up on another board, but the forum software doesn't allow for polls, so I figured I'd ask here. How do you define a 'super expensive' cigar?

Cup

I would say 100 and up. Once you get that high, there's no turning back.

I voted 30-39. I think you can get some amazing once-a-year smokes for less than that :p Perhaps this limit will go up for me with time.

I voted in the $50+....

Although I don't think I would buy anything over $25

Well..... not on a regular basis anyway...

A good smoke will last an hour or more so in my big scheme of things the only thing worth $25 an hour is a BJ. I'm a cheap SOB so my limit isn't too high.

"Super Expensive" would be in the $100 plus range. Expensive would be up to the $100 mark, IMO. :D Also, "Super Expensive" would be the cigar you smoke when you have milestones occur in your life (ie: promotion, retirement, etc). :D

Unless, of course, you are like MattR and Devin and smokin' 'em all the time!!! LMAO!!! :p Livin' the dream!!! ;)

Floyd T. :sign:

PS: For what it's worth, I don't have any in the "Super Expensive" range. :( I do have one or two in the $50 - $100 range. Savin' for the rainy day!! ;)

For me anything over $20 is super expensive. Not that I wouldn't ever spend that much or more, but it'll make me suck in my breath a bit before I hit the "buy" button.

This is a cigar we're talking about, not a durable good.

I like the way AVB put it.

AVB said:
A good smoke will last an hour or more so in my big scheme of things the only thing worth $25 an hour is a BJ. I'm a cheap SOB so my limit isn't too high.
[snapback]184239[/snapback]​

Please urgently PM me and tell me where I can get a 1-hour BJ for $25. :rolleyes:

Lumberg said:
For me anything over $20 is super expensive. Not that I wouldn't ever spend that much or more, but it'll make me suck in my breath a bit before I hit the "buy" button.
[snapback]184275[/snapback]​
Agreed. Not that I wouldn't (and have) spent more, but it would have to be a very special gar, etc.

In a way, It's kind of like good wine / spirits. If you spend $50-100.00 on a bottle of wine, chances are good it's a very good bottle of vino. Part of the fun of wine, to me, is finding the $7.00 bottle that just kicks ass. Cigars are like this too; fun to try new things / tastes / etc.

Cheers - B.B.S.

The PI. :cool:

Marito said:
AVB said:
[snapback]184239[/snapback]​

Please urgently PM me and tell me where I can get a 1-hour BJ for $25. :rolleyes:
[snapback]184279[/snapback]​

I've never spent more than 35 on alcohol! :D

The more expensive smokes I have are ones I've traded for though. The most expensive cigar I bought myself was a Zino Platinum Crown Chubby Especial

ZinoCrownChubbyEspecialD.jpg

But again, the most expensive and nicest ones in my humi, are from trades. :thumbs:

I voted $30 and up. My reasoning is this...I can get the Platinum edition forbidden X set for under $60. Therefore, each of the forbidden X are less than $30. Those, IMHO, are once a year sticks. Sure, I could spend more than that on a special cigar (and would), but that is way beyond my gag-factor.

SKYDIVNEKD said:
"Super Expensive" would be in the $100 plus range. Expensive would be up to the $100 mark, IMO. :D Also, "Super Expensive" would be the cigar you smoke when you have milestones occur in your life (ie: promotion, retirement, etc). :D
[snapback]184244[/snapback]​

Yup, I fall into this catagory as well.

:cool:

>$30 for me.

I can usually justify the $20-ish smokes, but I'm just not in a financial situation, presently, to plunk down more than $30 for a single cigar.

I'd never say never, though! ;)

I consider any cigar over $20 to be expensive. I don't buy many of these and smoke them even less.

I voted $50-$99 due to the superlative "super". I personally have never paid more than $25.00 tops for any single cigar. I might be willing under the right circumstances to pay much more if the opportunity arose. It just seems to me that in most cases if you are paying more than $25-$30 you are starting to pay way over msrp and getting gouged due to a cigar's rarity, which may or may not be justified. Bla bla bla bla.... JMHO.

I just voted for $25-29.
Being a cheap bastard, I have never paid that much for a cigar and really don't ever expect to.

Maybe if I was getting a Cuban Davidoff, but over $25-30 range and you're waisting your money!