• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Detroit Tigers

Bill, Hello from Farmington. LOL

Do they have the wright stuff, they sure have an owner that wants to win. :whistling:

I wish that they would have gotten some more bullpen help, but from what I have heard a few guys are tearing it up. Their batting order is sick and their starting rotation is well above average.

For Detroit to be contenders this season, they'll have to have the stamina from the bullpen for the entire season. Fernando Rodney and Joel "The Box Fell On Me" Zumaya injuries continue to suck payroll in the bullpen. I doubt Zumaya will be back in shape to make any impact on the 2008 season - he's done a great job of pissing away his young career for two seasons.

The Tigers will be a powerhouse at the plate this season. but without a strong supporting cast of healthy relievers & closers, the best offense can only take them so far. The 2008 season will be decided in the bullpen, not at the plate.

I will agree with that. Zumya is done. I doubt he will ever get his speed up to 103 again. The guy could have been the best closer in the game.

Rodney is suposidly healthy. We will find out. They did pick up a few guys. We will see.

Cross your fingers I get opening day tickets.

..and the Tigers will be fun to watch! With a larger rotation of ( healthy ) starting pitchers than in 2007, hopefully Leyland can manage to stretch his opening pitchers an extra inning , which will help stretch the resources of the bullpen.