• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Devil's Weed

Boomer52

Good Friends, Good Cigars
Reaction score
Devil's Weed from Molina Cigar Company
Size: Robusto 5 x 50
Wrapper: Equador Connecticut
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican

Storage: 68 deg F @ 65% RH

The cigar looked well constructed and was firm with a little give. The wrapper was smooth with a few small veins and a very nice medium brown color. After cutting the pre-light draw was very good and it had a very pleasant light tobacco taste.

Keep in mind I am fairly new to hand made cigars and my palate is not as developed as many other members.

I toasted the foot and lit it up. First impression was some spice and a medium smoke. It quickly mellowed after the first half inch into a light side of medium smoke with a very nice lite tobacco flavor. The burn and draw were both excellent.

The second third of the cigar retained the pleasant tobacco taste and was slightly creamy. The aroma was very nice. I use the term pleasant and lite tobacco taste as opposed to a heavier earthy taste I have experience in other cigars. The draw and burn remained perfect and the ash held for over an inch and a half.

It picked up a little strength in the last third but not too much. It retained its flavor but lost the creaminess. It started burning a little hot, but not to the point of getting bitter or unpleasant. I smoked it down to about the last inch before reluctantly putting it down.

In my inexperienced opinion, the Devil’s Weed is an enjoyable cigar that would be a good afternoon or evening smoke. Very pleasant but not overpowering. I’ll have to get a fiver of these because I don’t have room to store a box.

My thanks to Luis Molina for sending samples of the Devil’s Weed and allowing me to try them before they are released. I think he has a winner in this one.

Very nice review, I got my sampler pack over the weekend, just waiting for the sticks to recuperate from their trip before trying them out.

Nice review! A lot of the reviews of this cigar seem to be similar.
I am really very pleased with it, and look forward to trying the rest of the vitolas in the line.
I am also looking forward to any other cigar Luis has in the works.