• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diablo Picantes

theorangeman

What a day... after being let down and not getting my box of Opus X, I picked up a smoke that flat out sucked. I was looking around for some smokes in addition to a couple of hemingways that I picked up and I saw Diablo Picantes. Anyone remember that J&R promo and write-up they did on these cigars a month or so ago? J&R raved about them and wrote about how spicy and tasty they are.

All I have to say is... :laugh:

I was a little pissed because I hate to spend msrp for a smoke (unless it's a rare cigar) but I was in the mood for something full bodied and something I had never tried before, so I plunked down 6 bucks. However this smoke was very mild, flavorless and just flat out bland. It was so uninteresting that I tossed it mid way into smoking it and reached for a connie #9 (which was an improvement). :laugh:

I hope no one got suckered into that J&R deal, because that would be a big disappointment! I would be very surprised to hear any good reviews on these cigars, but you never know.

I'm actually smoking one right now. It's the Pimiento size (6.5 x 45) and I'm enjoying it. It's not everything I hoped it would be flavor-wise, but it is interesting. The draw is nice and the burn is very even. It's a tad spicy, but not the knock you on your posterior storng as the ads claim. It has a unique burning aroma (keep in mind I'm fairly new to this). Also the aftertase is different and nice IMHO. Falvor is.... ceadary.... (is that word I'm looking for? Yeah I'm very new to the different flavor analogies)

Far from the best I've smoked, but far from the worst as well. With that in mind I would not pay retail for them personally; however, on sale I'd think about it.

It was a ummm yeah different kind of smoke. I wouldnt smoke another one again maybe. Unless it was well aged. Mine had an easy draw. Plenty of smoke. It went through phases of having alot of spice and then other times, bland. But it was good to try one at least to get an informative verdict on these sticks.

Sounds to me like you may have gotten a cigar that was supposed to be returned to General Cigar but wasnt, read my first post in this thread

Everyone was supposed to send their cigars back for equal exchange,old crappy blend for new spicy blend.

Maybe these werent sent back as they were supposed to be and you got one of the old blended ones, they sucked :0

Yeah, I missed the earlier thread on these cigars. That's interesting though; I must have gotten one of those blended sticks because this sucker was B L A N D!!! I kept looking at the dark wrapper with the devilish looking wrapper and waiting for it to come at me, but it never did.

I've had 3 of these from 3 different boxes in two different sizes from 2 different stores, and they ALL were disappointing! IMO these cigars are fair at best and definately NOT worth the $4-$7 they cost.