• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond Crown Maximus Stanford's 90th

Infinity

Infinity - *Unbounded space, time, or quantity*
Ring/Gauge: 7x50
Filler:Dominican filler with tobacco from prized Chateau de la Fuente farm.
Wrapper:Cameroon
Limited Cigar: only 850 boxes produced​

Appearance - Well constructed cigar. However, the wrapper was a little loose near the bands, this concerned me when I removed the bands but as you will see, it did not affect the smoke.
dcm.jpg

Pre-light - The cigar smelt like a tobacco barn, I love that smell! I cut the cap with my Xi, took in a dry draw and great, the draw was just right. There was a slight fruity taste on the pre-draw.
dcm%20(1).jpg

First QuarterI toasted the foot and then slowly pulled in the flame from my "Blazer Pocket Torch" and away we went.
The draw was perfect, the cigar burnt evenly exposing a white ash with traces of black specs. Loads of smoke. The nose was medium as was the smoke. The initial taste was very fruity.
dcm%20(2).jpg

Second Quarter
I'm sitting outside on my deck thoroughly enjoying this cigar, meditating. The fruity taste has become dominant, I get a tinge of strawberry coming through. The burn is still even.
dcm%20(7).jpg

Third Quarter
The fruity taste has subsided somewhat, now I'm getting a bit of a leathery flavor. Very nice! Getting close to the first band, a little concerned about the wrapper when I have to remove the band.

Removed the band but it has not affected the burn. Just before the half way mark, the ash fall off.
dcm%20(8).jpg

Last Quarter

I removed the second band but again, the burn continued to be even, no problem! This was the best part of the cigar. The smoke moved from medium to medium/strong as did the nose. The fruity taste came back with a vengeance and the leather became more dominant.
dcm%20(12).jpg

Summary

I'm an impatient person and should have let the stick rest for one to two weeks. I figured that the cigars came in a beautiful leather sealed humidor type box and I had it shipped O/Night. I took one out when it arrived and put it into my "prepare" humi at around 63 RH. They can only get better.
dcm%20(13).jpg

A great smoke that I enjoyed from beginning to nub. Burnt great, tasted great, the draw was great, not much more you can ask of a stick!
dcm%20(14).jpg

Brian

Ahhh I was hoping you'd review one Brian.

Ekans gifted me one of the Cuesta Rey Stanford's for my birthday and I loved it.

Please review one again after they have had time to rest, I'd like to hear the difference.

Thanks for the great review bro!

:thumbs:

Very nice review... I think these are wonderful smokes as well. btw, keep an eye on that mailbox. :)

Great review! These sound like awesome cigars

Very nice review... I think these are wonderful smokes as well. btw, keep an eye on that mailbox. :)
Oh, oh, el Presidente has spoken - WTF Moki, you are scaring me ???

Brian

Great review!
Gonna have to look for some of these... I kinda like the DCM line. This will be another good one to try!

:thumbs:

Excellent Review :thumbs: ......Now my mouth is watering.....You Bastard!!!! :p

I hate spending that kind of cash on a stick but it looks like this is one I HAVE to put on my list.

Great review!!!! Hopefully some will pass through Louisville!!!

Great Review....Those pics are very nice as well. Really makes me want to try one of them :D !!!

Great review.

Photography is a hobby of mine. I have to ask. What kind of light are you adding to your pictures?

Insane resolution. I have the digital SLR and lenses to take that kind of picture, but I don't believe I have the necessary lighting.

Thanks,

Rob

Great review.

Photography is a hobby of mine. I have to ask. What kind of light are you adding to your pictures?

Insane resolution. I have the digital SLR and lenses to take that kind of picture, but I don't believe I have the necessary lighting.

Thanks,

Rob
Rob,

I had my wife standing on the table holding a 6' diameter white umbrella and my daughter was on an extension ladder with a silver deflector. NOT! - J/K :laugh:

I love photography - when I was younger I developed my own films, the good old days :D I still have my 35 mm Yashica camera.

These shots were taken with a Sony Cybershot 7.2 Megapixels. I understand light. Some of these shots were taken with natural light, just being aware of the angles. Some were taken with a flash filler.

Thank you for the compliment though but in this case I have to say the camera was more of the expert.

Brian

great review and pics Infinity.

You definitely needed the Sweetness clip... I'll have to take a picture tonight.

Nice review, Brian.

That stick has a well-constructed marblehead. That's craftsmanship.

Wilkey

Nice review, Brian.

That stick has a well-constructed marblehead. That's craftsmanship.

Wilkey
Well spotted Wilkey.

Definitely a well constructed stick although I was worried about
the blemishes around the bands. I have seen other sticks with the
same problem come apart and disintegrate, this one just carried
on burning like nothing was wrong - that surprised me!

Brian