• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond Crown Maximus

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
I just finished a box of #5 robusto and IMHO the cigar is probably a 88 or 89 rated cigar.
It also seems that in a pass or trade a lot of folks have the #5 in their arsenal and not much else from DCM.
Is the #5 about the best cigar DCM puts out?
So far the DCM has the nicest box for under $200.00 (if your into boxes)

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich

Ironworker said:
I just finished a box of #5 robusto and IMHO the cigar is probably a 88 or 89 rated cigar.
It also seems that in a pass or trade a lot of folks have the #5 in their arsenal and not much else from DCM.

Rich
[snapback]229048[/snapback]​
agreed, love them in the #5's, I have not had any other size though. where did you find them for under 200? (just curious, pm me)

Ironworker said:

Rich
[snapback]229048[/snapback]​

The #5 is my personal favorite DCM, and it's also the one we sell the most of in the shop. That may be because I like them and tend to sell them more than others. And you're right, they can't be beat for the price.

I really enjoy the #5 and smoke it mostly because of the size. The toro #4, IMHO, actually has better flavors, but takes a bit longer to finish. The Pyramid is also very nice, but expensive. I have not smoked the churchill yet. The DC, while wicked expensive, is a good smoke. It does, however, take a helluva long time to smoke and gets pretty darn strong on the back end.

That's my 0.02.

My experience has been with a box of #4's the toro size. I definitely enjoy them but not as much as the regular natural DC's.

I routinely grab fivers of the #4 Toro from cbid when they show up there. They have more complexity than the robusto, and to me that's one of the reasons I choose the DCM, the lovely complexity as you work your way through the cigar. I save the toros for times when I can sit and reflect. I really like these cigars, and (I'm probably spoiling it by mentioning it here;) I'm usually able to pick them up at $10 a piece or less. Under $200 a box would be sweet!

I really like this thread! lol

The toro has the most spice, but that's my view.

the #5 robusto, for 155 a box, is the best buy ever. I love this cigar.

The pryamid is my fav out of the whole line. Love the shape.

The DC and Churchill, taste about the same, and I smoke those mainly playing golf or driving in the car, when I know I'll have time to enjoy them.

I've not smoked my number 6, so someone smoke one and tell me how it is! :p

The TAA smokes, atleast 03 and 04, were great. I've not smoked the 05.

And of course I've not had a double perfecto, but maybe one day, if I can ever find one. :(

KayakinBoy said:
the #5 robusto, for 155 a box, is the best buy ever.
[snapback]229113[/snapback]​
good price!

edit for my idiotic spelling habit...

Love the #5...can't wait to try one of the two (2) '04 TAA DCM's or the '05 TAA DCM that I've got waiting for me in the cooler! Can't wait (hands RUB RUB). :)

-Fetter :thumbs:

The #5 is the only one I've had, so far. Pretty tastey!

I'm a #4 guy too. Paid $172 plus shipping for my last box but I can't get them at that price anymore :(

The #4 is also my favorite. Always try to keep some in the humi to include in the favorite rotation.

The Master said:
KB, if I remember, I'll smoke the 6 tomorrow morning and let you know how it is.
[snapback]229121[/snapback]​

He says it likes an everyday cigar! I might smoke mine when i get married... probably not :laugh:

I'd love to see/hear/a review! :thumbs:

I love the #5 and really enjoy the #4 when I have a little longer to smoke.

Ok KB, I just finished the number 6 and here are my thoughts.

The cigar was a beautiful dark colorado color.Very shiny and veinless.The cigar started out with some decent spice and a little nose. The cigar then smoothed out and was basically noseless the rest of the way through. The flavors were nice and had some complexity. Over all it was a decent smoke but didn't wow me. I much prefer the natural 6 over this Maximus.The natural has much more nose and more complexity.

I wouldn't save it for a special occasion, it isn't good enough in my opinion. I would certainly not pay a premium for it and when it does become available for regular distribution I won't be buying any.

I had just previously posted about buying a box of these (DCM Robustos #5) and they came in on Friday....check it out:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I ordered two other boxes, but one of them is on backorder (the Short Story's). Here's a shot of the Principes:

standard.jpg

Looking forward to the cooler weather so I can really enjoy them.

edit: added another pic

The only box of DC Maximus I've ever had, I gave away... just not my thing. They are fine cigars, and I can understand why someone might really like 'em, just not for me... especially for the price.

They do have very luscious sun grown wrappers tho!