• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Did this Newb get punk'd?

He did not offer to make it right (its feels weird to talk about someone when I know he is gonna read this)
But no Ben did not offer to make it right, he said "one day you will receive something"

Gigolo...
are we still talking about cigars lol
I just don't want to feel like... Punk'd myself...
:whistling:
This might make sense to a lot of members lol
hehehe
The difference being, Gahau, that I sincerely apologized to you for unknowingly sending a cigar with mold on it. I also told you I would send you something when I was more able. Its not about the cigars, but the integrity and community upholding.
Seems to me like he did Gahau. And the perception* you are giving to the community is that you wanted to embarrass Ben. Whether or not you intended that way or not that is the way it is being perceived*. The reason it is being perceived* this way, in my opinion, is because of the way you brought up the subject to the community. You hinted at, and baited Ben, with this post:

are we still talking about cigars lol
I just don't want to feel like... Punk'd myself...

This might make sense to a lot of members lol

hehehe

To which he publicly apologized to you and stated that he would make it right when he was more able. Still you continued even after he explained to the community what had happened.

b.dawson, on 09 October 2009 - 12:20 PM, said:

it was a cigar with mold under the band from a PIF. I told him I'd make it up but didn't know when or with what. Gahau, I wish you would have come to me first with the concern.

Nah we are good lol
no issue to resolve
But i would point this out tho...
It was moldy stick with more molds under the band not a cigar with mold under the band , and it was from a blind review.
The reason I did not come to you is because there is nothing to fix, and its fine that you make it up to me or not, i am not gonna start a thing over a single gurkha. but from what I have read from previous post is that gurhka came from another member that PIF to b.dawson... so since its old I can understand that it have some mold... its ok
No fuss over A stick =)
Things just happens sometime =)
Was I punk'd? sure I got a crappy smoke, was that ben's fault? nah... he probably did not look inside the tube upon sending the cigar, was it the guys' that send him the stick originally fault? nah again probably overlooked.
Again I am not asking for a replacement... I don't even smoke gurkha's (except the archive's)

The part in bold is asking for an argument and plainly stating that obviously there is an issue to resolve. If there was no issue to resolve you would have stopped your statement right there.

The underlined,bold, and italic part shows complete lack of appreciation for the gift and was completely uncalled for. :angry:
===========================================================================================================================
*perceive*:1. to become aware of, know, or identify by means of the senses: I perceived an object looming through the mist.
2. to recognize, discern, envision, or understand: I perceive a note of sarcasm in your voice.

*perception*: 1. the act or faculty of apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding.
2. immediate or intuitive recognition or appreciation, as of moral, psychological, or aesthetic qualities; insight; intuition; discernment: an artist of rare perception.
3. the result or product of perceiving, as distinguished from the act of perceiving; percept.

The definitions are here, not to be a smartass, but so that you understand what I am telling you Gahau.

Damn, I'll go buy the best freaking Gurkha I can find and send you a "single stick" if it will shut you up.
This is sig line material! Can I have it :D

Sorry to be wasting your time insight...
Yea now that you mention it... why do we PIF other smokes... lol
I did it because it was on the first page rule thingy but never gave it much tought

I didn't say you were wasting my time, I said it was a stupid conversation, and it is... do you see why? Also while it isn't against the rules to send along something gifted as a gift, a PIF in the terms of 'those threads' is a trade not a bomb/gift. Someone traded you (this is the general 'you', I'm not talking about any fuggin specific person so calm down) something under the assumption you would PIF. The PIF threads are not bombs, they are effectively one directional trades. Therefore the logic surrounding it being ok to regift a cigar in a PIF is pretty flimsy. Us folks need to think before we act, just because it isn't against the rules doesn't mean it is cool to do.

Either you want Ben to replace the stick or you don't. You're okay with it, you're not okay with it. Sheesh! PM Ben and tell him you want another freakin' cigar. If not, don't say another word about it! Ever!

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzippittt!

"But I..."

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzippitttt!

"But he....."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzipppittt!

Damn, I'll go buy the best freaking Gurkha I can find and send you a "single stick" if it will shut you up.

All yours if you will send me a gurkha to pass forward to gahau. Where is the "beating my head against the wall" smiley icon when I need it.

All yours if you will send me a gurkha to pass forward to gahau. Where is the "beating my head against the wall" smiley icon when I need it.
I just happen to have a couple of them sitting here with me. Shot me a pm and I'll get them to you ;)

Hey Gahau, I understand what you are saying even if your choice of words aren't. I live/work/play with 1st generations of all nations. But I don't agree how you went about threadjacking this topic and causing so much emotion here.

I know you're jumping in two feet into this hobby as I've watched your collection grow and you're jumping in onto the "trading" threads because you have more stock now. Eventually, we all may get a moldy, torn wrapper, broken cigar from trading or even in our own collection, it's a dried up plant leaf. You will get more as time goes on with your hobby.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I notice your mind is always racing and rushing and analyzing, hey, it's the culture and upbringing to succeed, right? Practice being humble as this is not your work environment, it's hanging out time.

Just practice thinking twice about what you will write before hitting "add reply" to avoid confusion with your translation into English. I know you have good intentions but they came out wrong. Ben's timeframe is just longer than what you can do in fixing the same situation, but Ben does what he says and was honest.

I know you're jumping in two feet into this hobby as I've watched your collection grow and you're jumping in onto the "trading" threads because you have more stock now. Eventually, we all may get a moldy, torn wrapper, broken cigar from trading or even in our own collection, it's a dried up plant leaf. You will get more as time goes on with your hobby.

Exactly. Hey Gahau, I've had moldy cigars shipped to me, torn cigars shipped to me, and guess how I handled it? Like a stand-up, mature, adult:

ME: "Hey guy, X cigar had a bit of mold. Might wanna check your humidity levels and stock, just a heads up!"

OTHER GUY: "Thanks Jonathan! Yeah, I checked my humidor and the levels were fine, I don't know how that happened!"

ME: "Don't worry about it, the other 4 cigars were all good, it must have just happened during shipment!"

This scenario has played out a few times, and the only reason I said anything to the previous owner of said cigars is for a "heads up" to let them know they might have a mold issue, and I don't want their stock ruined. Am I making a thread calling them out for sending me a moldy cigar? Hell no. Because guess what, SH*T HAPPENS.

So stop your bitchin', get back on the horse, and move on. Pretty sure Dawsy doesn't have a secret lab where he injected your Gurkha with mold to be all sinister and villainous. They're rolled up freakin' leaves for craps sake. Get over yourself. :angry:

Your snide childish remarks about Dawson and how it's all about the "integrity" of the community is ridiculous, and you publicly attacked his reputation. His only transgression at this point is being a regifter (Seinfeld, am I right fellas?) and having a high humidity level, and you can't seem to get over the fact that a cigar you'll probably never smoke had mold on it. You don't even have room in your humidor for anymore cigars, so clearly you're bursting at the seams, and what good does this whole topic do for everyone? Hell, its not even YOUR topic, you jacked it.

Disgusting childish behavior...

Pretty sure Dawsy doesn't have a secret lab where he injected your Gurkha with mold to be all sinister and villainous.

I actually do have a lab where I could do that, but is isn't really secret.

My issue in this is that Dawson said he would replace it when he could and it seems that you got in a huff because you had a different time line in mind. Communication over the timing would have gone a long way. Communication in general will keep you out of/ fix many problems.

Wow so much reaction =)
you guys are even more emotional then I am on this one, and I am the one that got a crappy smoke.
Its ok its ok, look guys I am sorry that I was perceived, seen as or whatever word you want to use.
Ok, it wasn't the best way to bring the issue up, and yes I am sorry that I hijacked his post...
Now no matter what you guys think I REALLY didn't want to embarrass or piss on Ben's reputation or make fun of his lack of cigars or anything.
I don't know why, but I really think you guys read too much into my posts... Here is what I see, Ben needed to bitch it seams ok, well I bitched too (apparently not the same way) I guess he when trough the correct channel or ritual of complaining worked out and CP did not disapove =)
Hey a wrong to you is a wrong to you right, regardless how it was stated (Again I agree that I did not put that out there, as nicely as Ben with all the savoir-faire...)
arggg I am just gonna make this worst, here lets all save some time =)
Sorry Ben if you felt that I have pissed on your reputation...

for completeness I will post all communication that took place =)
Just wanna put it out there I am sorry that I look like an ass hole on CP...
But here:

Sent 07 August 2009 - 10:59 PM
Hey Gahau!! Congrats on your first Blind Review! Is the address in your profile correct?

What kind of smokes have you had that you've liked? I know you're still new to cigars as I am but do you like mild, medium, or strong cigars?? Would kinda like to tailor your package to your taste!

Ben

Sent 08 August 2009 - 01:20 AM
Hey thanks for the reply!
Man... I was kinda close for you contest lol oh well =)

What I liked...
I like dark mild-full complex cigars
or some dark sweet spicy cigs (my "Desert Cigs")
Usualy my smokes are more mild-full or kinda full
not tooo full tho =)

Here is what I tough of some I had:
Casa Magna had that smooth complex flavor
MX2 from CAO was pretty dark but not bitter very choco
the Ashton VSG was more of a sweet cig then anything I call it my "Desert Cig" lol
I had a triple maduro from camacho just today that one was also a "Desert Cig" although I wish the camacho was a bit "fuller"
Among other but here is what I tried and they left and good impression

Heck just send me what ever and I will try and discover new things =)

Hey Thanks for doing this =)

Sent 08 August 2009 - 01:30 AM
Sounds good! I'm sure I can find something that'll be of interest. The reviewing part is the hardest. Not sure how much you've read about them, but one of the cigars I send you will have the band removed and that band will be in a separate envelope. You can't reveal the band until you've smoked, reviewed, and guessed what that cigar was. Then post up your review, pics, and guess along with a picture of the reveal. Pretty fun stuff!!!

Sent 08 August 2009 - 01:33 AM
Yea I have read something like that =)
It sure sounds fun lol
I am sure that I will receive a great package from you
Looking forward to do the review

See ua

Sent 10 August 2009 - 07:16 PM
Here it is, brother! Hope you enjoy your package and blind review!! I didn't really have anything you listed but I think you'll enjoy the mixture I've sent!

Side note:
How do you pronounce your name? And what ethnicity are you? I remember you saying English wasn't your first language but was just curious

Ben

Sent 10 August 2009 - 08:39 PM
Thanks for getting back to me sooo quick!
No matter what cigars you sent me I am just exited to try something new (regardless of what sticks it is!)
Hummm how to pronounce my name... Ga-hoo I guess lol
I am a Chinese descendant born and raise in Paris, France =) Yea I know what a weird turn of event lol.
Well thanks for the stick, looking forward to do the review!

Your BOTL

Sent 13 August 2009 - 10:17 AM
Thanks for the selection Ben!
I am going to do the review sometime this WE =)

Sent 13 August 2009 - 06:11 PM
You're welcome! Don't forget to ask who wants the next package!

Enjoy!!

Sent 17 August 2009 - 02:54 AM
Yo bro...
Bad news... I well well well, I was really exited about the Stratus that you sent me... But upon opening the tubes I found that the band was of a weird color... I suspected molding... upon removing the band I found a ugly green color behind the band and on the cigar topped with a "ass" smell... Yup the cigar was molding!
So watch out for your own personal stash!
I tough you would want to know =)

Your BOTL, Gahau

Sent 17 August 2009 - 10:14 AM
Seriously? That sucks really bad!! I'm so sorry as I even pulled that cigar our and looked at it but didn't notice anything. Care to take a couple pictures for me?

It had to have something to do with the tube it was in cause my humi doesn't get over 67% ever. I think mold will only grow around 75% and higher so the tube may have been holding in extra humidity.

Yea sure I'll send you some pics.
I still have the band, but I have dissected the cigar and spotted a little bit of molding here and there, I'll send the pics tonight.
Well watch out for your other smokes

Sent 18 August 2009 - 09:59 PM
Hey!
Sorry for the delay... I was swamped!
here is the molding behind the band... ugly unhealthy green...
Posted Image
And here you can see the rotting of the front of the band...
Posted Image
and I kinda destroyed the cigar BUT you can see mold forming around the tobacco protective cap from inside the tube
Posted Image

Hope you smokes are ok... This one wasn't...

Sent 18 August 2009 - 10:05 PM
I went through the rest of my sticks and didn't find a speck. Had to have been the tube holding in humidity. So sorry about the inconvenience, Gahau. I feel terrible! Don't be surprised to catch a mystery package one day in the future once I build up the stash a bit.

Dang that was long =)

Well damn, seems like b. dawson handled himself just fine. I believe "don't be surprised if you get a mystery package one day in the future" doesn't exactly mean, "Hey I'll send you a replacement stick tomorrow, but in the meantime why don't you try to sully my reputation even though we both appear to have handled this like stand up gentlemen". Lighten up, quit your bitching, and enjoy the other smokes he sent you.

The question is, Do you want the one stick replaced? If so, B. dawson should handle that immediately. If he doesn't, I will. Otherwise let it FREAKING DROP. DON'T post about it again, unless you are trying to get something out of this.

Well damn, seems like b. dawson handled himself just fine. I believe "don't be surprised if you get a mystery package one day in the future" doesn't exactly mean, "Hey I'll send you a replacement stick tomorrow, but in the meantime why don't you try to sully my reputation even though we both appear to have handled this like stand up gentlemen". Lighten up, quit your bitching, and enjoy the other smokes he sent you.

The question is, Do you want the one stick replaced? If so, B. dawson should handle that immediately. If he doesn't, I will. Otherwise let it FREAKING DROP. DON'T post about it again, unless you are trying to get something out of this.
Fine
you know what, bsneed51, as a senior member I will take you up on your advice...
Sorry for the emotional stir I caused on CP
I don't need a replacement
But because I shamed ben reputation,
Do you want some sticks ben?
You have been very quite for the last 2 pages LOL

EDIT: SP

Fine
you know what, bsneed51, as a senior member I will take you up on your advice...
Sorry for the emotional stir I caused on CP
I don't need a replacement
But because I shamed ben reputation,

Was going to say something but I think I will just leave this to someone more eloquent than myself.

lol don't fall on your sword, that is so emo.

So now you're calling him a mooch. How nice. He's doing the right thing and keeping his mouth shut, letting you speak your peice. You, on the other hand, can't seem to stop the symptoms of "diarrhea of the mouth," so maybe you could heed everyone's advice and drop it. You stated you don't want a replacement, nobody is going to send you one, and Dawsy's issue with Seanyboy is done.

No reason for this thread to go on further, as this is done.

Man, now I want to inspect every cigar in my humidor. I sure hope this isn't the reaction I will get if and when I ever decide to participate in cigar trades/transactions.

It sure doesn't seem very fun...or brotherly.

Edit: To elaborate - participate and inadvertently goof on a transaction then be ostracized publicly by a member. I am referring to the persisitent posters treatment of the poster that started the thread.

Sorry to have been out for so long guys, I've been planning and throwing a bachelors party for my good buddy for which I'm the best man in his wedding in 2 weeks. It's been a busy Friday.

I really appreciate everyone's support in the matter.

Sean, I received your package today (Friday), absolutely wonderful sir! I will personally burn every one to the ground!

insight, At the time, I didn't really realize that PIFing with a PIF/bomb/contest prize/whatever was wrong. I thought that the chart showing gifting of a gifted cigar applied to the PIF's as well. I found out, as Nash said, that although it isn't against the rules - it's more of an unspoken thing especially if the specific intent of said gift is particularly meant to be smoked. That's the main reason I've been out of the MAWPIF and BCRPIF lately and the reason I nearly missed out on the Newbie Pass (thanks Nash and Greg for talking me into it).

Gahau, please PM me if you have further concerns. I'll be glad to take care of you if you still feel like you've been done wrong. Otherwise, let's let this candle go out.

Sean, I received your package today (Friday), absolutely wonderful sir! I will personally burn every one to the ground!

I'm glad you like them! I do hope you enjoy them, and am glad they have reached you in good condition.

Cheers,

Sean