• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DIFERENTE Robusto CIigar

joebeef

I received my Diferente Robusto from JR yesterday. They are the weeks special this week. They are a box pressed bundle from Nicaragua with an “oily Ecuador Habano wrapper” as the seller claims.

I regret to inform you that in my opinion they do not have an oily wrapper. They do have a nice appearance but I don’t have the urge to eat them as suggested by the seller. So I opened one and put the rest away.

They are a long filler cigar and appear to not be veiny. They have pretty good construction and seem to be well made. They are firm to the touch as most box presses are. They look to me like they might have been a boutique cigar made for B&M to be sold in the $5.00 to $7.00 range.

As $2.00 sticks go I didn’t expect much and needless to say I was not disappointed. I let it air out for an hour or so before I torched it up. The aroma was nothing special but not offensive either. The draw was okay and it burned evenly, better than I expected for a box press. There is not a lot of smoke in the first third and not much flavor. The cigar definitely tastes green.

The next third produced a little more smoke and the flavor was slightly harsh. By the last third the cigar produced a lot of smoke and still slightly harsh although not has much as the first two thirds. I really felt like I was smoking a green cigar. By the way the cellophane wrappers looked very new.

I think with a little time the cigar will be much better and actually might be a descent cheap smoke. I would concur with the seller that it is indeed a medium smoke. Overall I would say for the money there are better deals out there.

I received my Diferente Robusto from JR yesterday. They are the weeks special this week. They are a box pressed bundle from Nicaragua with an "oily Ecuador Habano wrapper" as the seller claims.

I regret to inform you that in my opinion they do not have an oily wrapper. They do have a nice appearance but I don't have the urge to eat them as suggested by the seller. So I opened one and put the rest away.

They are a long filler cigar and appear to not be veiny. They have pretty good construction and seem to be well made. They are firm to the touch as most box presses are. They look to me like they might have been a boutique cigar made for B&M to be sold in the $5.00 to $7.00 range.

As $2.00 sticks go I didn't expect much and needless to say I was not disappointed. I let it air out for an hour or so before I torched it up. The aroma was nothing special but not offensive either. The draw was okay and it burned evenly, better than I expected for a box press. There is not a lot of smoke in the first third and not much flavor. The cigar definitely tastes green.

The next third produced a little more smoke and the flavor was slightly harsh. By the last third the cigar produced a lot of smoke and still slightly harsh although not has much as the first two thirds. I really felt like I was smoking a green cigar. By the way the cellophane wrappers looked very new.

I think with a little time the cigar will be much better and actually might be a descent cheap smoke. I would concur with the seller that it is indeed a medium smoke. Overall I would say for the money there are better deals out there.

The link in your sig tag does not work.