• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Disappearing Cuban Twang

elvergun

Reaction score
Is this normal????

Most of my 05 ISOM cigars lose their “Cuban twang” about halfway through the smoke. After that first half, what remains is some woodsy (something like charred wood) flavor that lasts all the way to the nub.

What gives? Is this some kind of sick “sick period”? Is this why Churchill would only smoke half a cigar and then toss the rest? I’ve had some cigars that retained the “twang” all the way to the nub, so this is a little confusing.

Just curious, that’s all. What's going on here?

depends on what you are smoking.

i had an 05 CORO..which was great all the way thru.
than i smoked a 05 PLPC and it was so young... and did not have that pronounced PL taste that i have come to enjoy. They should be coming thru next yr.. :thumbs:

mrjinglesusa said:
Lay off 'em for a bit. Most '05s are still way too fresh IMO.
[snapback]259237[/snapback]​

Agreed... I have some 05 Mag 46's that still taste of ammonia :(

The Master said:
05's are way too young to smoke, give them at least a couple of years.
[snapback]259656[/snapback]​

A couple of years??? I could be dead in a couple of years. :D

I will lay off my 05's until...hmmm...next summer. I hope they will become smokeable by then. If not, I will let them rest for another 6 months. Patience was never one of my virtues (especially when most of my ISOMs are from 05 :whistling: ).

It's probably from all the non-cuban seed tobacco they are using now. Hell, could even be that it isnt cuban origin any more either.