• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Disappointment

investandprosper

Nothing like anticipation turning to sheer disappointment. These are terrible:

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

cohiba1.jpg

cohiba2.jpg

Just terrible, really. Not even a good attempt at the real thing. They smell worse than they look.

Sorry to see that...good reliable sources are a must. Even if you must spend a little more, it is worth it.

The clasp on the Cohiba box is one of it's trademark standards. When this clasp is attached to the box with small nails, it is not a factory box and the contents are suspect.

Cheers
Drew P

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Did you get it from an online vendor?

It always pains me to see this kind of stuff going on. The most important thing when buying CCs is a reliable vendor. That is Rule #1. Still, we live and learn, right?

I have ordered from this vendor in the past (online), and the cigars were legitimate. The box was not opened by the vendor to inspect prior to shipping, so hopefully it was an honest mistake. Still waiting to hear back from them after sending my email with pictures.

This was my first purchase of Cohibas, so I made sure to familiarize myself with the trademarks of a counterfeit box. The clasp gave it away to start. Then, the diagonally cut corner on the cedar lining. Ultimately, it was the cigars themselves that gave them away. Just look at that blotchiness and poor construction!

I just received an email from the vendor as I was finishing this post:

"We are really desolated looking the pictures you have sent us. Obviously we can not check every box we receive, but we guaranteethe quality and delivery of our products, so we will refund the amount you spend into your credit card, as unfortunately we do not have in stock any more boxes of Cohiba Maduros."

Disappointed to hear that they don't have the Maduros in stock. What would you guys recommend as an alternative?

There are a lot of fake Cohibas unfortunately, it's hard for anyone to know if they got the good stuff if they don't have solid vendors. About a year again we ordered a box of Cohiba Maduro 5s and instead of getting cigars we got something that tasted like paper, hard as a rock, and light as a feather. It was just horrible, I wish you the best of luck getting some new legit CM5.

I would still suggest a different vendor. I don't know who your vendor is, but it is quite obvious that they deal in gray market Cuban cigars. While all their cigars may not be gray market, it would make me question every box that I got from them. IMHO, it is better to just pay up for the peace of mind of knowing you purchased from a quality vendor that does not deal in the gray market. Just my $0.02.

I guess it's just luck of the draw, as the last box I purchased was good. They are issuing me a refund. I'm waiting on an order from a different vendor, keeping my fingers crossed. :whistling:

Thanks to a great BOTL, I had my first Davidoff Anniversario 08 today. Nice even smoke, didn't hold much of an ash, but smooth burning and great taste.

Thanks to a great BOTL, I had my first Davidoff Anniversario 08 today. Nice even smoke, didn't hold much of an ash, but smooth burning and great taste.

Wait, what?

Wow, that is exactly what I needed. The Cavs get shelled by 40 at home in the playoffs and on top of that, the local ABC affiliate delays programming by 15 minutes to give weather updates. Thereby pushing back programming and throwing off my DVR settings, making me miss the last 15-20 minutes of LOST.

But huge props to Pugman for making me WTF, LOL and scratch my head all at the same time. The brotherhood here is truly amazing!!!

But seriously, WTF...

Cock block!
sign.gif

Sorry your foray back into the world of cc's started with a shipment like that IAP.

It's alright, no harm done. I'm enjoying a few cigars I bought from famous-smokes.com in the meantime. The Partagas Robustos and Montecristo Platinum Robustos are pretty smooth.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your CC purchase. At least you are getting your money back from the purchase, that says something nice about the vendor....Not sure I would do business with them in the future though, would make me think about what I was getting every time I ordered.