• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do cigar bands play a role in your purchases?

Do cigar bands play a role in your purchasing a cigar?

• Yes...the band must look good!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...it's not an issue!

• I don't care...just let me smoke!

• Total voters

rnccen

I don't have a title
Who pays attention to the atractiveness of the cigar band when purchasing a cigar?

I have noticed that the better the band looks the more popular the cigar.

I have had some very good cigars that have had poor looking bands but they don't sell well.

Whats your take on cigar bands?

-P-

A lot of my purchases are unbanded :)

I did buy one box of LVH's for the box though ;) Damn if they didn't end up alright.

Cheers,
Dixie

The bands have absolutely, positively no influence on my decision to purchase a cigar.

You could gold plate a Volkswagon Bug and I still wouldn't buy it :D

The band doesn't influence my opinion of a cigar, but I have been known to buy cigars just because I liked the band if that makes any sense. For instance, I have a fiver of Warhol cigars which I wouldn't consider smoking, but I wanted because of the funky bands.

coventrycat86 said:
The bands have absolutely, positively no influence on my decision to purchase a cigar.

You could gold plate a Volkswagon Bug and I still wouldn't buy it :D
Agreed. But I also can't stand ISOMs with no bands on 'em. If you buy the whole cab, okay, that's fine... but bandless singles are a nightmare unless you're OCD about labeling/organizing them.

I'm OCD about so many other things, but not this.. I could fill a humidor with unbanded singles that I have no idea what they are. ???

nice bands don't feel as important as nice boxes do, for some reason. but then I'm new, and I'm finding out that once I know a stick is good, even the box is pretty negligible.

moki said:
other1 said:
I'm OCD about so many other things, but not this.. I could fill a humidor with unbanded singles that I have no idea what they are. ???
You could always have a Nude cigars contest... :)
Indeed. I could run almost the exact same contest, except I was an ATO instead of a Phi Delt.

My take on bands are.... YOU DON'T SMOKE THE BANDS! LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

Bands are there for looks only. They aren't really neccessary. I guess you could relate the bands to a guy buying the best looking sportbike out right now because it looks good. Decide which way to go once you get to the Y in the road ;)

Could have the best looking band in the world, and still be smoking a dog rocket. ;)

Only the most beautiful of all bands, the Cohiba, influences my purchasing :D

I can appreciate a well-designed and printed band, but a dog-rocket is still a mutt missile, no matter what. :p

that said, the band of the LAdC is one of the nicest pieces of cigar art going. Being a decent smoke doesn't hurt either. :D

A nice band is always a positive thing, but I don't see why this should make me buy bad cigars :p

Lemon said:
A nice band is always a positive thing, but I don't see why this should make me buy bad cigars
I don't htink this is about buying a dog rocket because of the band - it's more a question of "When looking to try something new, as you peruse your tobacconist's shop, do the bands play any role in your choice to try an unknown brand or style."

Subconciously, most people would probably relate band quality to cigar quality in an untried / unknown item. And I think what started all this is that for those new / casual stogie smokers that don't know anything about cigars, the band is usaully the deciding factor. I've met people that in the military that turned down an ISOM (Monte #2) in favor of Drew Estate Acids because they didn't know the difference and the flashier band on a DE drew (pun intended) their attention. "The Monte looked to plain and *must* be an average cigar, but this nice shiny Acid One must be top rate because look at the band!"

But again, these are people that couldn't name 2 cuban brands wiothout five guesses to do it.

Me - I voted "Don't Care" and when looking for something new to try in a brand I haven't heard of - I go buy aroma, construction and wrapper (since I prefer darker smokes). If it looks and smells good - why not try it.