• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do You Dip Or Chew? What's Your Routine?

Turbolag

Noob
Just wondering if anyone likes other tobacco like dip or chewing tobacco.

I love chewing tobacco.

I just bought a package of Days Work plug today. Gonna try it out either today or tomorrow.

My son put a hole in his cheek imbibing in this habit. I  tried it when I was young, when I was told by a crusty old Vermonter I couldn't smoke while deer hunting. He handed me a pack of Redman. I didn't care for it. Too much spitting.

Doc

I am with the other responses.  Never saw the draw.

I did it for a season playing baseball, but could never really get into it.

I quit for good about 3 years ago. It is a nasty habit. Especially when you are drinking.

I know a surgeon who puts in a dip before a surgery...and there's no spitting in the OR...you can guess what happens to it.....

chiefmd said:
I know a surgeon who puts in a dip before a surgery...and there's no spitting in the OR...you can guess what happens to it.....
Only in Texas.

Doc

Never dipped, but tried chewing plug while I waited for my ship to come it. This stuff was actually pretty good until you forgot to spit.

Yea I'm with you guys. It's not something I wanna do all the time.

I'm out for surgery right now and for some reason I wanted to get some chew.

I prefer cigars though. I'm too scared I'm gonna swallow the stuff. Makes it hard to enjoy.

And of course the health concerns.

I tried chew when I was like 18 and haven't had it since. For some reason I wanted to try it again.

It's expensive too!! The plug I bought was almost $8 !!

Tastes really good though.

chiefmd said:
Wow.

I heard it takes a little tolerance and you can swallow the spit.

I think I am finished with chewing tobacco. I tried it when I was 18 a couple times and liked it. So I thought while I was out for a little while I'd try it again. But it's just not for me.

I left a piece in for about 10 minutes and I took it out and my cheek felt kinda wierd already. Like your hands get after being in water too long.

I think I'm just gonna stick to cigars. And maybe try out a pipe. I have been seeing corn cob pipes for like $5. Did some reading in the pipe thread and it sounds like something I would like to maybe play around with. Just to get it out of my system.

I have dipped more than I like, usually skoal and to be honest, I really like dipping. I usually try grab some seeds when I can but I do enjoy a tin.