• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you smoke?

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Who "doesn't smoke" when it pertains to your insurance policy?

Honest, I tried it but didn't inhale! :p

Yeah, I have no qualms about stating I don't smoke. 2-3 cigars a week does not equate to doing this all at the same time:

smoke a cigarette
apply eyeliner
take the rollers out
yell at the kid in the back seat
talk on the cell phone

and last but certainly not least

drive your car

That $hit scares me...and I see it every friggin' day.

I haven't added any insurance since I picked up the filthy habit :D Still I think there should be a separate category for cigar smokers. I think with some insurance companies there is. Hell, for all the stress relief I get from cigars my rates should be lowered :p

Insurance? What's that?

I have auto but no life or health insurance and the last time I knew, I don't remember them asking about that for my auto insurance ???
smoke a cigarette
apply eyeliner
take the rollers out
yell at the kid in the back seat
talk on the cell phone

How about:
Read the newspaper
Toast AND butter your english muffin with your portable toaster
Fill, your Zippo, smoke a cigar and drive a five speed standard ALL AT THE SAME TIME. :lookup:

Reading and driving? Taking your and others lives rather lightly aren't you?

MY life insurance salesman said say no cause he didn't feel it applied. That was several years back. Now my wife is planning to quit her job cause our daycare provider is closing. We are probably opening a daycare and going to buy my own insurance from a different salesman/company and the question is on the ap. Usually" DO you use tobacco products?" I say no cause teh blood test will say no...1 stick per week if lucky.

I have no problem with saying no on my home insurance since I don't smoke in the house. It never came up on my car insurance.

IMO, you better file as a tobacco user. The insurance companies have Lawyers on retainer just for people like us. What better for the insurance co. to say "hey, he lied were not honoring the claim and were going to keep all of his payments", unless of course your Wife hires a Lawyer to sue them!?!?

Again, just my opinion :p

Since I inhale cigars and smoke about 2 packs of cigarettes a day I'd have to claim as a smoker. I'd probably have to smoke a cigarette while filling out the paperwork :p

fllbrent said:
IMO, you better file as a tobacco user. The insurance companies have Lawyers on retainer just for people like us. What better for the insurance co. to say "hey, he lied were not honoring the claim and were going to keep all of his payments", unless of course your Wife hires a Lawyer to sue them!?!?

Again, just my opinion :p
When I got my life insurance they were told I smoked cigarettes, when I quit they were notified of that also. Cigars never came up as the question specificly stated: "Do you smoke cigarettes?"

The question pertains to health and life insurance only as far as I have experienced and they also ask if you use tobacco products in any form these days.

I would say if you smoked daily you would have to say yes, infrequently (1-2 a month probably not and in between depends on your opinion. If you started after you sign on the line I believe they do not require you to report that.

I also say no when the doctor or dentist asks as well. Before I came here a box of hemi classics lasted me 2-4 years. ??? :p

According to my insuarance agent anyone who smokes more than 4+ cigars a week should say yes. But he also noted that some of the new tests used are more sensitive and you will more than likely test positive at that level of smoking. Best thing to do is if you know you are going to be tested lay off the smokes for a while.