• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do You Subscribe to a Cigar Magazine?

Which magazine do you BUY or SUBSCRIBE to whether in print or on the web?

• Cigar Aficionado

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Smoke

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Cigar Snob

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Cigar Insider

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Smokeshop (Retailers publication)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...please specify

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • NO, I don't pay for any cigar related content and only read the free offerings. ex: Cigar Advisor

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I was just curious what you guys are doing out there and why...especially because all you hear these days is "Print is Dead"  :laugh:

A good friend of mine hooked me up with Cigar Aficionado.  I look forward to reading it every month.... :cool:

I subscribe to CA also but only did so due to it being free after completing a survey. I'm around 50/50 on whether I would renew at this point.

I subscribe to multiple cigar publications.  Cigar Aficianado, Cigar Insider, Cigar Snob and Cigar Journal.  I don't have the time to read them all cover to cover, but I try and find time to read the articles that interest me.  

I know we are in the digital age, but when it comes to my reading material, I prefer ink and paper to digital.  That goes for books, magazines, newsletters and even newspapers.  Just my personal preference.  

I just renewed to Cigar Aficionado.  I have learned how to read the reviews about the cigars to determine if I would like the cigar or should try it.  I do like all the pieces on stuff I could never afford.   

Hell no! I don't subscribe to anything that promotes tasting chocolate in cigars. I particularly hate CA, which was responsible for the cigar boom and led to some very unpleasant times for real cigar smokers as opposed to noobs who wanted to look cool. There's a reason why I hate those fuggers.

Doc

I subscribe to CA, but I know what I'm getting, and what I'm not getting.  It is what it is, and the $20ish fee per year is fine for me.

I would like to give Cigar Journal a shot though.

I haven't renewed my subs to CA, Smoke, ECCJ, etc this past year, so far. 
It is one of the few ways I can sort of keep up with the cigars.

I depended on this forum for a while, but there are just far too many Grape and Pineapple White Owl smokers. It gets excessive.
Since I am not a fan of those, I have been forced to look elsewhere.

:rolleyes:

Subscribe to CA. Gives me something to do from time to time that isn't on a PC. Love bringing it on vacation with me to read. :)

Devil Doc said:
Hell no! I don't subscribe to anything that promotes tasting chocolate in cigars. I particularly hate CA, which was responsible for the cigar boom and led to some very unpleasant times for real cigar smokers as opposed to noobs who wanted to look cool. There's a reason why I hate those fuggers.

Doc
I think Rush Limbaugh did much to ruin smoking for pre-Rush smokers.  I don't remember the percentages, but the price increases were horrible for the period of time he promoted cigars heavily.

My wife bought me a subscription to CA, but honestly, I just skim though it to read about the ISOM stuff, which usually takes me about 1 to 2 minutes...

I've subscribed to Cigar Snob and Cigar Press for a couple o years now.  I enjoy reading both mags.

Cigar Press Magazine is a quarterly that I've come to really enjoy. Thats my *other* vote.

I don't subscribe but will buy one on a rare occasion. CA is for uber rich folks that buy $125,000 watches and have membership at an exclusive club.Sorry Tom I outed you!