• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Carlos Robusto

MonkeyK

For the second stop on my Arturo Fuente tour I somoked a DC robusto. I decided to concentrated on AF after a trade with wk_mang left me with a small stash.

My wife, Jodi took a Short Story (now I need to get another one, but I gotta keep the wife that smokes with me happy...), and we went out to the covered front steps with some Baileys to smoke and watch the rain. After a few minutes, Jodi complained that the SS tasted harsh like a cigarrette and after letting her try the DC she decided that the SS was not for her and let it die. We shared the Don Carlos which was cool with me since the whole thing would have been too much otherwise.

This cigar and Baileys was an excellent combination. The combo reminded me of hazelnut with chocolate, although the DC tasted nothing like chocolate, just rich creamy tobbaco. At about the spot where the band had been, the smoke started getting too hot which also had the effect of making it not so creamy (and proved to me that it wasn't just the cream liquer making the cigar seem so). A few more puffs to see if it would return and when it didn't I let it fade away.

Another excellent stop on my Arturo Fuente tour. Thanks again Wade.

This Don Carlos was very different than the last one I had (#3). The #3 was smooth and spicy while the Robusto was smooth, mellow, and creamy. Makes me wonder if the robusto was older? Did you give me your aged cigars Wade?

The SS is notorious for burning hot if smoked quickly at all. Glad you hear you enjoyed the Robusto. Time to move on to the #2 (which btw, bucks naming standards...and is NOT a torp.) which is a larger version of the Robusto. A neighbor of mine had bought a box years ago, and decided that they were "too old" :p and sold the box to me for $50 a couple of years ago. :thumbs: I've long since finished the box, but they were among my all-time favorites, simply because of being "too old" :love:

LMAO, Horse my friend, you got taken to the cleaners on that deal. :D

Everyone knows cigars spoil over time, right ??? He should have just given them to you since they were so stale and old.

:sign:

Yeah, it was my first (almost) box purchase...and wouldn't you know it, it was like those stories you hear about cars.. "Yes, ever since (insert name/relation) passed away, I didn't have a clue what to do with his car." Then open the garage and find (insert your dream collectors car here).

If I haven't already told you 50 times in my 50 posts :D this is my favorite smoke. There could be better ones out there since I buy el cheapo cigars most of the time; but I really like the DC robusto a lot. I will have to keep an eye out for the #2. I liked the robusto soo much I decided not to even try the other sizes.

Thanks for the review, I am now going to have to blow $30 and get a couple because thinking about that creamy smoke is making me salivate. Horse you are a rotton bastage for getting a box of aged DCs for $50! :D