• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Blue Label Lancero

dulaney22

Banned
I received this cigar in a trade with Isy. I needed an assortment of lanceros and he was more than happy to oblige.

This is a well constructed cigar . . . medium brown in color, semi-oily wrapper with minimal veins. Pre-light, there was a nice barnyard smell. The draw was a little on the stiff side, but not too bad. Burn was perfect, with a nice white ash.

The first few puffs were all peppery spice. This turned to tastes of coffee and earth fairly quickly . . . though the spice remained. There really wasn't a progression of flavors with this cigar. In the middle portion, the smoke turned a little sweet, but mostly earth, or woody, with a little cream undertone. The last third exhibited these same tastes, with a little more spice and minimal sweetness. I wasn't too impressed with this cigar. It was pretty dry and fairly subdued in flavor.

Thank you Isy for the assortment. The LFD was better and I'm planning on the My Father tomorrow.

pepinphotob.jpg

Thanks for the review. I've been curious about this cigar since CA gave it such a high rating, along with the fact that I like the lancero size. Still might have to try it but I won't be in a hurry.

Thanks again.

This is definitely one of my favorite lanceros right now.... I love the spiciness you described in your review and how it last throughout the majority of the cigar. Great review!