• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Vegas Cubanas

Get in, Strap in, STFU and Don't Touch Nothin!
So waking up this morning, and being on R&R, I decided I would enjoy a cup of coffee and a cigar. It was a great decision because it is a great way to start the day! :thumbs:

Don Pepin Vegas Cubanas
Size: 5 1/2 x 44 rg
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaraguan Criollo
Filler: Nicaraguan Criollo and Corojo
Strength: My guess would be medium (?)

It was a great morning for a cigar here in PA. It's 68 degrees and overcast. So I make a pot of coffee and head for the porch. I pull it out of the wrapper and inspect the cigar. There were no hard or soft spots, a few very small veins and one little bulge (seen in 2nd picture). I toast the foot and light it up. I get a very easy full draw and am instantly hit with a mouthful of creamy flavored smoke with peppery understones. This last through the first and second third of the stick. Occasionally I would get a slight hint of nut. Nothing very complex so far but very pleasing to me. It paired well with the cup of strong black coffee also. The last third changed quickly to a stronger pepper taste with the cream being more of an undertone. Also I would get a woody taste that I couldn't quite put my finger on but it was all very pleasurable.

It burned evenly through the first third with a light gray, flaky ash. During the second third it rolled off the table and the wrapper cracked towards the top and started an uneven burn. But with a touch of the torch and some good turning while smoking it quickly evened back out. Then around the last third the wrapper cracked a little again, probably because of the fall, but it stayed even. It lasted just a little over an hour.

Overall I thouroughly enjoyed this cigar and will probably buy a box once I get back to the states permanently. This is definitely one for Saturday/Sunday morning with a cup of coffee.

DSCF0441.jpg

DSCF0448.jpg

DSCF0464.jpg

Nice review of Vegas Cubanas! After my first 5'ver, I knew I wanted a box too.

Glad to hear you're safe at home, thanks for protecting the country!

I bought a box about a year and a half ago and wasn't too impressed. I just thought it was OK. Fast forward to now....they're smoking GREAT!

That Pepin guy rolls some decent cigars... :sign:

Nah, he rolls damn good smokes! Nice review, I like that it was short, hit all the right points, great pictures, and was well laid out. Keep 'em coming! :)

Back